How would you rectify a bad deal w JCF Member

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How would you rectify a bad deal w JCF Member

I bought a guitar from a Fellow JCFr, The guitar LOOKS sweet, but it had a Problem. I dont want to "TRASH" anyone until I've tried all avenues and even then would probably just warn the Brethren here.

Have you contacted the seller? Is he willing to make it right?
    http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

I have contacted the owner, and his claim was that Thier was no problem with the guitar when he last used it (a month ago). But when I first enquired about the guitar he told me he had it put it away 2 yrs ago. What was it A MONTH AGO OR 2 Yrs ago.

Plus knew exactly what part i was talking about to the exact detail.
      Last edited by 1979Charvel; 08-02-2007, 11:54 PM.

Comment

Is he willing to work with you on a partial refund or even take the guitar back?
        -Rick

Comment

Is it a problem that affects an easily-replaceable part that you could fix yourself for less than $20?

While I understand the principle of the seller not disclosing the issue beforehand, you really have to ask yourself if it's something you could fix and then avoid that person's future sales.
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I wanna know who it is heh heh
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I think that this is BULLSHIT! I CAN"T BELIEVE YOU ARE CALLING ME OUT HERE!!!

Heh heh heh..... Did I get ya?

Comment

Might help to know what the problem is. I think you could disclose that without "trashing" anyone...
                I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Firebird, YOU SUCK All kidding aside, NEWC has the best idea, it is a part that is less than 20. I just hate having to travel over GMW or Get on line surf for 20 minutes, wait 3 days for USPS. yadayadayada.

The Guitar comes out of tune, (I've never used a floyd that ever came out of tune) unless its just been restrung. Im looking at the pieces that "smash" down the strings at the nut, and the one in the middle that holds the G&D is slightly grooved, Im assuming thats why when I dive bomb or any trem action when back to origiinal pitch the G is SHARP.

Comment

Could be. Could be worn knife edges or posts though. Or the nut moving. Or something fouling in trem cavity.

If it is the string clamp, it's a cheap fix. If not, it could be more expensive.....
                    Popular is not the same as good
                    Rare is not the same as valuable
                    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

That's it?
                      I say just order the parts. Hell, your local guitar shop might even have them in stock.
                      Yeah it sucks, but I don't think that should be a deal breaker.
                      -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
                        That's it?
                        I say just order the parts. Hell, your local guitar shop might even have them in stock.
                        Yeah it sucks, but I don't think that should be a deal breaker.
                        +1. That's a very small issue. I think you can get those pads for like, what? One dollar? Average wear and tear. No biggie...

Now if you were talking about a cracked neck...
                        I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
                          +1. That's a very small issue. I think you can get those pads for like, what? One dollar? Average wear and tear. No biggie...

+2. I always expect some minor issues on used guitars, the older the guitar the more I expect to find.
                          Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post

Originally posted by YetAnotherOne View Post
                            +2. I always expect some minor issues on used guitars, the older the guitar the more I expect to find.
                            +3. Maybe the previous owner didn't even know about it.
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I would THINK (which is why i bought it) A guitar that was bought and then stored which is the story I was given....there would be no issues.

Knife edge? I doubt it......The nut moving cause is not mounted right? yeah I would beieve that....THAT AINT GONNA COST 1.00 if the nut mounting holes have issues!

Comment

Working...
                              X