jgcable is really pissed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jgcable is really pissed

JCF'r... you know who you are and what happened. Not at all cool.
    Not cool at all. I will not elaborate or give out any details because it is between you and me and a recently banned JCF'r.

The JCF classifieds is a safe haven where friends... aka "bros" sell and trade with each other. I would honestly say that the vast majority of the members with classifieds access are trustworthy and honest.
    I consider many of them my personal friends. I talk with them on the phone and hang out in person with some of them too.
    I cherish my JCF membership and I try to be as honest, upfront and helpful as I could. If I am working out a trade or a sale I go above and beyond the call of duty in regards to making sure everything is fair.

People like you... don't deserve to be here.

call him out directly .. that is what this area is here for .. if you got screwed others need to be aware of hid business tactics
    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Originally posted by Mayday View Post
      call him out directly .. that is what this area is here for .. if you got screwed others need to be aware of hid business tactics
      I am still waiting for a response from both parties. Their story should be pretty interesting.

To give you an idea of what it involves... I am sure you know what a shill bidder on Ebay is, right?

Well, what if a few JCFr's were shill trading?? In other words... what if one of them drove the price or the trade deal down as to benefit the other one?

Here is the chain of events.

For the interest of good reading I will call the current member JCFr #1
      I will call the banned member JCFr #2
      I will play myself in this story!!!
      Both of these JCF'rs are local to me.

OK... here it goes.

Day One: #1 lists a really cool guitar on the JCF for sale or trade
      I offer him a trade for a really cool guitar that I have.
      He rejects my offer stating that he isn't into that kind of guitar. Thats cool of course. He seems like a really cool guy.
      I get a phone call from #2 telling me he is having second thoughts regarding a trade we made a week prior. I tell him that I already sold some of the gear but maybe we can work something out. I tell him about the cool guitar in the classifieds and how I wish I could have made the trade with #1.

Day two: #2 calls me several times during the day with offers and we finally work out a trade. He REALLY wants my cool guitar (he was the previous owner!!! and really wanted it back) and tells me about how he plans on getting a new amp too and I agree to trade him my really cool guitar and in return I get some really cool gear. The trade is totally fair and everything is good. I am not at all upset with the trade deal. When he comes over to make the trade we talk about #1 and he agrees that #1 didn't want my really cool guitar because he knows the guy. Again.. I mention how I would have loved to work out that trade deal. #2 tells me that he saw #1's guitar and that it really wasn't that good. As a matter of fact, he tells me that the guitar sucked even though it was mint he told me I would not have liked it. I told him it was cool for him to look out for me.
      He leaves with my really cool guitar and I thought that was the end of the story.
      Day three: I log onto the JCF tonight and my really cool guitar is now in the classifieds being offered for sale or trade by #1.

Obviously, #1 and #2 played me like a fiddle. As soon as #2 scored my really cool guitar he must have brought it directly over to #1.

Maybe this sounds like nit picking but its the lack of honesty that pisses me off. Its not the gear or the trade.. heck, I did ok and the trade was totally fair. If either of these guys were straight up the trade most likely still would have happened anyway.
      Instead... I got lied to from both parties... right to my face.

Comment

can we get britney spears to play #2 in the movie?
        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
          can we get britney spears to play #2 in the movie?
          Sure Tiny.

Comment

...and playing jgcable will be Chris Burke.

- Newc

Comment

That does not seem cool at all dude
              It's a good thing you want to hear both parties explain their side of the story, since we've had a fair share of shit-slinging and namecalling here lately
              This has nothing to do with the JCF but I once sold a piece of gear I had to a guy I thought was cool.. He seemed like a nice guy and I thought he needed the gear, so I gave him a bloody good price, like you called it a "bro" deal.
              Well about one week later he was selling it online for twice the price I gave him. He couldn't even have received it in the mail before he advertised it for sale.. Sorry about the rant, just trying to say there's all kinds of scammers all over the world.. Them seeming like cool guys is no guarantee for them not digging for your money.. And it's too bad
              "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

Originally posted by Guitardude86 View Post
                That does not seem cool at all dude
                It's a good thing you want to hear both parties explain their side of the story, since we've had a fair share of shit-slinging and namecalling here lately
                This has nothing to do with the JCF but I once sold a piece of gear I had to a guy I thought was cool.. He seemed like a nice guy and I thought he needed the gear, so I gave him a bloody good price, like you called it a "bro" deal.
                Well about one week later he was selling it online for twice the price I gave him. He couldn't even have received it in the mail before he advertised it for sale.. Sorry about the rant, just trying to say there's all kinds of scammers all over the world.. Them seeming like cool guys is no guarantee for them not digging for your money.. And it's too bad
                Yea, I hear you on that. Of course.. I know that when you make a trade or a sale the new owner can do whatever they want with the gear. I have no right to dictate or be pissed about what happens to gear that I sold or traded. Its the lack of honesty that gets me. Its the fact that all this has taken place on the JCF through the good graces of the classifieds and the dude turns around and lists it the very next day on the very owne JCF classifieds. Its like shitting directly on me (which I hear some people actually enjoy). I... don't.
                I am not really that pissed. Its done and I have totally learned my lesson. These 2 JCFr's are on their own now. "No soup for you!"

Comment

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JCF'r #1 just PM'd me and explained the entire story.
                  Apparently JCF'r #2 who is banned played both of us.
                  I now understand why he did it but I think that if he was straight up about it from the beginning it would have all worked out anyway.
                  I publically apologize to JCF'r #1. You know who you are and I PM'd you already.
                  To all you kiddies out there who wonder why the admins ban some people.. the above story is a great display of why the banned JCF'r was banned in the first place.
                  DISCLAIMER.... I am still VERY happy with the trade I made with JCF'r #2. I just wish he could have been more straight up with details of the trade.
                  I am not the type to hold a grudge so as far as I am concerned this is a done deal and I'm cool with both parties. We are all musicians and I can overlook cases of not handling certain situations in an appropriate manner.
                  This is precisely why I didn't mention any names. Most of the time there are 2 sides to every story.
                  Its all good and lets all move forward and take this as one of those life lessons.
                  Last edited by jgcable; 02-03-2007, 12:00 AM.

Comment

so who is jcf'r #2? some of us would probably not like to deal with him.

- Newc

Comment

#2 sounds like an appropriate name too !!!

Comment

I am JC'r #1.

I was looking for a specific guitar and was told by #2 that he could get one for me. Next, the other guy with the guitar I wanted re-nigged on the deal.

I had already spoken with John about his guitar-that it really wasn't my cup of tea - but was convinced by #2 this would be a good guitar to trade to get what I want.

I've done tons of deals- never fucked anyone - and am a little pissed about this whole thing.
                        Strat God Music
                        http://www.esnips.com/web/Strat-God-Music/?flush=1

Comment

I figured it was you when I saw the PRS in the Classifieds and your location.

So why are you guys not naming #2 if you're both pissed? Others might not want to get worked this way.
                          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
                            I will play myself in this story!!!
                            :ROTF:

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
                            so who is jcf'r #2? some of us would probably not like to deal with him.
                            Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post
                            So why are you guys not naming #2 if you're both pissed? Others might not want to get worked this way.
                            I think there are enough clues here to figure out who it is.
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

If he's banned already, why are you protecting his identity? Out the lout.

Comment

Working...
                              X