Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why you never deal with Strangletooth...!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why you never deal with Strangletooth...!

Well... what can I say but make it short ...

Timeline...

i) Sent cashiers check of $2500 end of Jan 06...
    a) check was cashed in 5 days....
    ii) I stupidly did not make it an immediate point to pick up the guitar... waited to schedul FedEx till the middle of May 06... (work, travelling, other guitars coming in, etc.).. my big mistake!
    ii) June 14th, after nine failed attempts, (unfortuantely some bad scheduling on my part), no guitar on my doorstep or perhaps the other doorstep, I was informed that the deal was off and my money was being sent back in two weeks... I was told I disrespected Robbin delaying shipment and not informing and just downright selfish..
    iii) I apologized at first, asked to reconsider, to no avail.. money would be sent..
    iv) 6mths and several e-mails later, no money...
    v) Approximately 7-10th day of Dec. called the Glen Carbon, IL police dept. explained the story, they new of Pat Stangler, not in a good way.. Officer called Pat, determined a schedule was being made for a pickup.
    vi) E-mail sent to me, pick a day... I did once FedEx let me know..
    vii) Picked day, scheduled pickup, no FedEx.. no box. Was informed by e-mail from Pat that now it would be $500 to get it..
    viii) Called Officer, he called Pat again, screaming match ensued but next day pickup was scheduled at the threat of a Federal Charge for stolen property.
    ix) FedEx, with the officers 'on the phone' help, picked up guitar.
    x) I picked up guitar from FedEx 2hrs ago, 7pm.

Here's is what I received when I opened the box.... and to think that I was told I disrespected Robbin! I wonder what this is called then!

= UNDERSTATEMENT!!!!!

... Take NOTE that there is:
    - NO Robbin Crosby SIGNATURE PLATE!
    - NO ENVELOPE with:
    signed letter.
    factory certificate.
    RATT patch.

I guess there is no more to say.

Ian

Wow... Ouch.

Comment

oh man, that hurts

Comment

hurts is an understatement!
        1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

Man Ian....sorry about that! That is BS...that guitar is irreplaceable. What is his JCF Handle?

Comment

As far as I know, he has not been on the board for years... yeah, ouch is right!

Comment

Call FEDEX and tell them about the damage and the value of the guitar....I have had this happen twice and they ahve cut a check beyond popular opinion...I knwo it does not fix the issue with Pat....but at least you have a chance of being reimbursed

Comment

...at 7:45pm....

..let's just say...

..I completed 4 tasks....

..& let's just say, the 2nd was my favorite!
                Last edited by youthinkyourfish; 12-22-2006, 11:36 PM.

Comment

???????????????????

Comment

Oh, you have to fill us in now.
                    Just a guitar player...

Comment

I am not accusing anyone of anything. All I know is it looks like the guitatr was slammed tips down first, which hit the tips and knocked it out of the case. Then was flipped and slammed down headstock first. Givent he guitar was dislodged the head stock too a real beating. See how the case looks blown open. what a mess.

Dont know who did what but it took a beating and is a friggin sin.

Comment

I can't fill in yet... you know why I am sure... but I will, when all is said and done...

... and Eddie, a great description of events in my book....

Comment

OK, put it this way, when does the Statute of Limitations run out?
                          Just a guitar player...

Comment

fair enough. take careof business I say.

Comment

Sorry to see that guitar fucked up like that but Fedex is not to blame for that damage. No way was that packed properly.
                              I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Working...
                              X