*Golf clap* Matt || *Boo* UPS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Golf clap* Matt || *Boo* UPS

I would like to thank Matt for babying me through my first big online purchase. He was very nice and informative and put up with my nervous, must thumb through everything bullshit and put it all to rest. I had a lot of questions and sent a lot of email to the guy. I can be a little shakey at times when stuff isn't in my hands to look at. So, I appreciate your help and understanding.

Thank you Matt from Matts Music Center.

Now for the Boo part.

While keeping a eye on the UPS delivery page with the idea that I was going to have to take a trip to the UPS office to pick it up... All the sudden, I see "Delivered." I am only 10 miles away from work. But, somehting sitting infront of my house like that is not a good thing. I probably made it home in record time to recover said package.

-UPS left the package at my door without a signature.
    -The package looked like it was run over by a train. Thank god whoever stuffed the inside of the box. The contents were fine.

Pictures of my "Package" to be posted later this evening...

- Nate
    Last edited by nateb; 10-13-2006, 05:01 PM.
    Insert annoying equipment list here....

Originally posted by nateb
    Pictures of my "Package"...
    Eww.
    |My CSG gallery|
    (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

You know there's 2 Matts don't you?
      Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

Nate - The box was somewhat trashed when it arrived here so we performed minor surgery on it and jammed as much packing material inside as we could.

Sorry to hear UPS left the package without a signature but I'm happy you retrieved it before someone else did.

Enjoy your new Vetta and let me know if I can be of more help in the future. You were a breeze to deal with!!
        Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Glad it worked out! Both UPS and Fedex have left guitars on my porch even when they were supposed to have been signed for. I had a package (refrigerated meds, for god's sake) left on my porch for a guy 3 blocks down the street. The label said "signature required" or whatever. I think UPS & Fedex both are overwhelmed by eBay, online & catalog sales, etc. to the point that they've decided that they can't make multiple delivery attempts or deal with that much traffic at their offices. I believe they have unofficial policies to just leave packages & deal with the consequences when they occur. It sucks, but I just track my packages & try to make arrangements.

Comment

Matt,

I know you guys did everything you could to assure that it got there safely. I am DEFIANTELY not saying that any of the things that you guys did was wrong. I am very happy with my experience with your estabilishment.

Fine experience with a sponsored dealer.

Thanks again

-Nate
            Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Last year, I had a guitar delivered to me (while in US) from DCGL , and that too, was left for a few hours outside my friend's door and when I looked at the leaflet that goes onto the box, the sender had ticked the box relating to leave it without signature rather than at least ticking the box that says: ask for a signature.
              I wonder what whould've happened in this case in terms of compensation if the box had been picked up by someone else.
              Thoroughly unprofessional I thought it was.

Comment

I had one left on my door leaning against the outer door, so that when I opened the door the box would fall down the stairs.

Even though there was plenty of room to put it NEXT TO the door
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Both UPS and Fed Ex will leave packages at a residence without a signature. I'm not sure about the other carriers. However, they cannot leave packages at a business without a signature. After I had a couple bad experiences with this, I now have everything shipped to me at my work/business address.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                    I had one left on my door leaning against the outer door, so that when I opened the door the box would fall down the stairs.

Even though there was plenty of room to put it NEXT TO the door
                    That's horrible... but funny as hell!
                    Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Originally posted by dannyr View Post
                      Both UPS and Fed Ex will leave packages at a residence without a signature. I'm not sure about the other carriers. However, they cannot leave packages at a business without a signature. After I had a couple bad experiences with this, I now have everything shipped to me at my work/business address.
                      It's up to the seller to ask for a signature. I pretty much always use FedEx Ground and I always ask for a signature for anything expensive.
                      I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Working...
                      X