Music123 sucks moose balls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Music123 sucks moose balls

These guys started out smooth to deal with. Bought a guitar, got a fair (but not great) price, their web page was accurate and it was actually in stock as advertised, shipped immediately. Guitar had borderline issues, so I decided to return it for a refund.

Warning sign #1: they consider USA Jacksons "custom" instruments, subject to a stricter 48 hour return policy. Luckily, I did my homework before ordering and knew this in advance.

Called them, got a return authorization #, they even paid shipping back. Things were still smooth. Warning sign #2: they said it'd take a week to 10 days to process a refund. I assumed this included shipping time, so thought no biggee. Bad assumption - that clock starts ticking when they receive the return.

Nearly 3 weeks later, still no refund on my CC account. I called them up, and they claimed to have issued to refund on the day after the guitar got back to them (two weeks prior to call).

- Them: "It'll show up on your next CC statement"

- Me: "...Ummm, no lady, I've already gotten that CC statement, which includes the claimed date of refund. There is no refund showing. I've also confirmed that on-line and by phone with my CC company."

- Them: "Umm, I'll have to look into this. I'll get back to you within an hour."

Tick tock, tick tock. No return call. I call a second time. Same routine. No return call again. Ever. That was almost a week ago.

This company is either totally imcompetent or they're lying. Either way, I have a very low threshold for dealing with bullshit. So I've opened a charge dispute with my CC company, and they'll deal with the hassle. I'll get my $$$ back without a doubt, but this outfit deserves bad feedback for the hassle alone. And possibly more.
    Last edited by shreddermon; 10-10-2006, 07:48 AM.

What was the guitar?
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

wow, that does suck balls..hopefully you'll get your refund soon..I had to waite two months to get a refund from my wifes dentist..same kind of run around.

Yeah, what guitar was it??
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

It was an RR1.

Comment

What were the issues with the guitar? And it's Phone Etiquitte 101, but did you get the names of the people you spoke with on the phone? If you don't do that it's always back to square 1.
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Anything longer than 72 hours is stalling. That's the actual time it takes for any credit card transaction once it is entered and finalized at the end of a business day.

Comment

Update: my credit card company comes through - quickly resolved, and full refund.

Music123 still sucks moose balls, though.

Comment

Working...
              X