Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GWARGHOUL..didn't want to do this but....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GWARGHOUL..didn't want to do this but....

Steve, thanks a bunch for jerking me around on this deal even though I tried my best to be understanding and polite. Bro, I'll tell you something, I've dealt with a LOT of JCF'rs in the last several years, and never once have I intentionally lied about something, or mis-represented an item just to get some needed cash. That's exactly what you did to me and I don't appreciate it a bit. I hope you never need a favor from me. Now let's forget the "neighbor" crap because we won't be doing any more deals ok? I'm not posting any details of the transaction here, because it wasn't a huge amount of money (lucky for you!), but let it be known I will never deal with you agin. Fair enough?
    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Jesus dude. Relax.
    I even gave you my cell phone number... and this is how you try to close this?

In my defense I will post the email I sent you, which will explain things to you, and anyone who might be getting the false perception you've gotten.

I've been pretty clear.. up front..BEFORE THE SALE...
    1. I told you if you didn't like it, we'de work it out..

After the sale..
    1.Gave you my cell number to resolve anything
    2. I offered you the call of the shot....I told you the ball is in your park.
    3. I offered you a $100+ rack unit to compensate on top of my apology.

So I have most defintley tried to straighten this out, and give you the better end...why?
    I would do that for anyone, but especially a neighbor.

So.. after I write yet another email reinnerating my overcompensation plus your money back.. I read this shit?

"because it wasn't a huge amount of money (lucky for you!)"

WHAT FUCKING LOSS?

DON'T YOU GET IT- I OFFERED YOU A RFEFUND, PLUS A APHEX 108

...WHERES THE LOSS?

Now thinking about it and looking thru my emails I'm getting a bit pissed off.

I've been trying to make good, and its like you'de rather sit on a stick than let me be a real man and prove this to you.

heres that email...

ADMIN EDIT: don't post emails.
    Last edited by sully; 04-19-2006, 09:28 AM.

Comment

ADMIN EDIT: Don't post emails.
      Last edited by sully; 04-19-2006, 09:29 AM.

Comment

So yeah.. theres the two mails. I gues about 3 emails ago that you sent me I could have posted about how apprehensive and ready to jump the gun like I was trying to punk you?

I'm not out too get you- my words and actions that I have offered prove that.
        So stop making it look that way to yourself and others.

let me know when you come back to earth and chill out and realize I've more than communicated my willingness to make you satisfied with our deal.

I hope I didn't come off as harsh as you seem to be and seem to be feeling..
        Its just like asking for a refund and getting a refund and a free t shirt and still bitching and acting like a refund was never even mentioned. So I'm a bit upset.

Comment

Well, this could be a misunderstanding or maybe not .... I hope you guys can at least agree to disagree ...

Comment

There were no offers of reconciliation until I posted this thread.
            Bottom line is this:

#1. Steve tried to over-charge me for the item. After I called him on that, I still sent him extra money thinking he needed some help.

#2. When I received the unit, it was filthy, had broken parts, AND did not work.

#3. He's known about these problems for a few days, but made no effort to do anything about it. He claimed he tested the unit before shipping it and blamed it on possible shipping damage. That was total BS.

The real clincher was this statement: "You got to be fuckin kidding me.
            I plugged my soloist into it, into my step dads pa and powered it on with a q-tip. I worked the pots back and forth a handfull of times and everything was working fine- for reals. That was only a few weeks ago, while I was in FL."..............
            Well, when I received the unit, it wasn't the power button that was broke off, it was one of the frequency buttons, so why did he have to use a q-tip to power it on???? And the pots are so bad they won't even keep a signal, and when there IS a signal it's nothing but static. So the above quote was total BS, and Steve knows it.

Steve, I don't expect a refund, and I don't want any free stuff, but I what I do want to see here is a valuable lesson in dealing with people. If you sell something, and you have no idea of its functionality, state it that way in your ad. This item should have been listed as "un-tested, as-is". Don't tell someone the item is in great shape and works perfectly unless you have thoroughly tested it, and can stand behind that statement. This is not a complex unit that requires any special equipment to test. It would have taken you all of 15 minutes to clean it up a little bit, plug it in, and check it out. That 15 minutes of your time would have eliminated all this BS.

I'm not going to post in this thread any more because I'm not getting into some big pissing match over this. I've stated the facts, and I'm done now. Again, this isn't about the money, it's about the principle of the deal. Let's put this behind us and learn from it.
            My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Your facts are distorted. I could post the initial emails where before the sale I mentioned if you didn't like it we'de work it out---
              Again...BEFORE THE SALE

AFTER THE SALE- I SPOKE OF YOU DEICDE IF YOU WANT A REFUND OR THE APHEX AND TALKBOX ETC.

You can sit there and THINK I lied, and didn't test it etc...
              Until you make a valid attempt to prove your paranoid b.s....

But thats ok Mark.

I tried.

Again,
              I'm sorry.

Lets put it behind us- you take whatever you want from the lesson..
              No hard feelings.

Take care bro.

Comment

Enough in a public forum already. You guys are grown-ups as are most of us. You agreed to disagree. I personally think one more transaction of a refund is in order as well as a return of the said equipment. Lesson learned, no money spent, separate ways.

I can only speak from experience with Mark, I know he's a great guy and I'm having a hard time believing he's in the wrong here. That's not to say anyone is.

Square up and forget about it.

My 2 cents.

Comment

While I agree with the square itr and make up sentiment, I also think that this is what the Feedback Forum is for - good AND bad feedback.

This may be an honest misunderstanding, but then I think Mark is a patient and understanding guy. I can't think he'd post this unless he really felt wronged, and circumstantially, I think GWARGHOUL has had some negative feedback here before now. Mark, I don't think has had anything but great feedback.

So whether it's an honest mixup or not, GWARGHOUL probably at least needs to work on his communications skills. I wonder if that would happen without something like a callout on the open forum. Either way, if Mark feels people need a warning, he has every right to post it here. Read the forum title, it's for good AND bad feedback.
                  Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Actually I haven't had any "negative feedback" except for a deal with Moshowitz- in which we never did the deal..so that doesn't really count.

You want communication?

I'll post the emails BEFORE the sale which CLEARLY STATE "if you are not happy, we'll work it out"...

And the ones AFTER THE SALE.. where I was more than willing to let Mark call the shots, including refunds and compensations.

That IS communication.

I still stick to my postive feedback of him, even tho he's wrongfully made an ass of me.

Comment

FYI- I also gave him my phone number...

And you know what? His emails were nothign but pleasant with me... never really evcen inidicating any being upset, until he started aqcusing me of trying to punk him...a day or two after he got it.

I think Mark wanted this to be case closed, not only because he's obviously only able to see his way and perception, despite of the hard facts of text.

So either get me started, or give mark what he wants.

Comment

I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Steve, please help me to understand this one, ok? Mark, I will say is one of the most honest people I have ever "met" and yes, I use that term loosely because after all, it IS the internet. I have had so many deals with mark that they are now too numerous to mention and I've never had one negative thing to say.

Instead of saying that you would gladly make it up or reimburse him, what is he saying that is wrong? Is he wrong about the description that he said you gave him? Was it in the condition he described or not? I just can't imagine him, of all people starting this post just to be a dick to you. Don't get me wrong, Mark can be dick (right Mark? ) but he's not the type to just maliciously come on here and make all this up.

As for working it out "after the fact", that's just wrong if you didn't describe the unit correctly at all. It's just wasting everyones time, right?

Just help me understand this a little more, ok? I just hate seeing this....
                          Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Its as simple as this...

He's accusing me of lieing to him.
                            Neither one of us is 100% clear as to what the description was, and we could care less at this point.

I told him BEFORE THE SALE- if he wasn't happy we'de work it out.

I hate to be called a liar... so after the sale I was more than willing to give him something more than his money back. I gave him my phone number. I was willing to go out of my way to do whatever it takes to satisfy him.

Comment

Originally posted by GWARGHOUL
                              Actually I haven't had any "negative feedback" except for a deal with Moshowitz- in which we never did the deal..so that doesn't really count.

You want communication?

I'll post the emails BEFORE the sale which CLEARLY STATE "if you are not happy, we'll work it out"...

And the ones AFTER THE SALE.. where I was more than willing to let Mark call the shots, including refunds and compensations.

That IS communication.

I still stick to my postive feedback of him, even tho he's wrongfully made an ass of me.
                              Maybe you don't communicate as well as you think. It includes reading as well as writing.

For example, the admins deleted your emails TWICE in this thread, and said both times don't post emails. Yet here you are offering to post emails again. Another example, I suggested this could be a misunderstanding. You don't seem to have noticed that.

I DID find negative feedback on you. Run a search, it's there. Including another post by Mark, saying y'all had worked out a deal and it was cool, that implied y'all had a problem before it was smoothed out. Maybe he figured after y'all had trouble once, you'd go out of your way to make sure no misunderstandings happened again. You even left negative feedback on yourself for failing to pay off Kremit for a LP on a timely basis. Kudos for busting yourself, but it's still negative info.

So if Mark has NO negatives, and you have SOME, then Mark > you in terms of cred here. If you weren't talking about yourself you'd have to admit that.

So instead of acting like Mark's victimizing you, man up like you did with the Kremit LP situation. Don't OFFER - SEND him back his money and the Aphex. I doubt he's gonna refuse them. I'm also sure he'll send you back the item he's unhappy with. Then he posts that you made it right. Problem solved.
                              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X