Chuck Splatter...I don't have the words

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chuck Splatter...I don't have the words

<font color="yellow">Well, it finally arrived today. I've been on pins-and-needles ever since it shipped from Boston.

Chuck has graciously once again offered me a Charvel out of his stable so that I can see/feel/hear exactly what the hype is about these guitars a lot of us love.

I am speachless....this thing is incredible! Chuck said I may have to tweak the action....nope [img]/images/graemlins/refuse.gif[/img]

This thing PLAYS and sounds INCREDIBLE!!

Chuck....you are one of my best friends on the board, and I know you could have sold this for a lot more money, but you didn't. I honestly don't have the words to express what I'm feeling.

This guitar is one of the 3 known Charvel's to have a combination of ebony board and sharkfin inlays and it has a rare matching headstock also (Kev Maynard called it a Jackson [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]).

Here is a pic that Chuck sent to me from his stash:

I'll take more pics this weekend of it along with the others.

Chuck...again, thank you bro [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img].
    </font>

Re: Chuck Splatter...I don\'t have the words

So...it's on loan? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Very very cool of Chuck! [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] It is a beauty.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

<font color="yellow">Scott...no, I bought it at a rediculously low price, lower than I know it's worth anyway.

Chuck and I have talked and became really good friends over the last year or so, Lucy and Krista are buddies etc.

I just started my foray into the Jackson world a few short years ago, and was curious about USA Charvel's.

I got my first Charvel from Chuck also from an 83' pointy neck and a 84 Strat body built around the plate. I love it and then this popped up and I couldn't resist.

Chuck and I (to a much lesser degree) also helped get Scoopy back together and reunited with his original SD Plate (Chuck orchestrated and choreographed almost all of that).

Chuck's a great dude, genuine and passionate in his love for these guitars. He also has a killer collection of guitars of his own.

I'm hopelessly addicted now lol [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

As Tommy would say, I'm hucklefukked now...but that's cool...I have you guys to share it with [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] </font>

Comment

no . I said. .. sharkie belong on a JACKSON!! .. LOL
        Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Well then, congrats are in order. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] I am glad you are so happy Sam, she looks great. I would like to get a SD Pointy some day. I should have saved the gold pointy, but I slept on it, and besides that, I prefer pointy bodies. [img]/images/graemlins/sleep.gif[/img] Ya snooze ya lose. Congrats again brother. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
          Scott
          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Chuck is the man, that's for sure!
            Congrats I have played this guitar a few times myself,
            and it's a beauty, it's got a great neck on it and it sounds
            balls to the walls.
            You'll love it! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
            If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

That one had been close to being shipped west a few times! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] But a dead fridge, and 4 new tires for the jeep look to have ended my suffering. That is cool one for sure Sam, enjoy it!! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Chuck's a cool dude.

Comment

Chuck is a good egg... if you're not a refrigerator. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                  Occupy JCF

Comment

Wow!!Thanx for all the kind words bros,very cool!!

Sam,I'm psyched that you like it so much bro & it couldn't have gone to a better home!!I'm very happy it went to you bro!!Thanx very,very much!!

& thanx again bros,very much appreciated everybody!!

Comment

I still don't know what the big deal is I've never played a SD Charvel, & I guess untill I do my fall to the dark side will never be complete. Either way Congratz on the new Guitar it sure does look purrty ! I like the Khaler to. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                      According To The Prophecy

Comment

Well Splatterpuss....it could have gone to an equally good home. Except that home could never come up with the equity!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Well Splatterpuss....it could have gone to an equally good home. Except that home could never come up with the equity!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">ditto! That one almost made it to my house as well! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

</font>
                          Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

<font color="yellow"> Dayum...I'mma starting to think my guitar is a ho' [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] </font>

Comment

Drake - go try out a new USA pointy - same neck.
                              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                              X