A Few Words About Eric "archtop" Paige

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Few Words About Eric "archtop" Paige

Guys, I will try to not sound like a sap here, but Eric is by far THE coolest, nicest and easiest person I have EVER dealt with! If you havent had the pleasure of dealing with him in any way, at least take a minute and rap with him about anything, he is a super nice guy and a class act!

Yesterday the little brown truck brought a GORGEOUS dead MINT SL2GX in Rootbeer to my house and I am in heaven! Its an amazing guitar and I am proud to own it.

Eric posted this for sale at the end of Feb begining of March and I was all over it. As we talked and time went by the price dropped because basically everyone is broke and no one bit on this. So I went to work trying to get the money together, all the while Eric and I were emailing back and forth. Basically it started that if I couldnt commit by that weekend he was eBay bound. I told him no problem and I understood. By Saturday he emailed saying he couldnt deal with eBay and if I was serious he would hold it!!! I was like HELL YA MAN!!!

So *I* went off to eBay with my NAMM Mockingbird and within 3 days it sold, of course the guy was in Australia! I offered to send Eric a down payment until I had the guitar shipped to the buyer and could pay Eric in full, he declined and told me it was waiting for me, take my time! again, I was floored, most people would have handed me a bag of salt and a hammer...not Eric, he was super cool all the way thru!

So finally last Thursday I sent him the money in full via PayPal, figuring Monday or so he would ship it out. Friday morning I get an email from Eric saying he got the payment but something had come up and he was heading out of town that morning, however he would drop it off on his way out!!!! He also said since he would not be near a computer he couldnt send a tracking # and get this, apologized!!! I was like, DUDE, there is NO need to apologize, THANK YOU! OH,and when I got home from work that night there was an email from Eric's sister with the tracking number!! She said Eric asked her to send it to me so I would know where it was, unreal!

So needless to say Eric went above and beyond what any one person should have to do to sell a guitar. I appreciate it all more than I can say, not many people would work with someone the way he did. So Eric I thank you once again. You're a class act all the way man.

Oh ya, check the USA section later tonight for pix of my new baby!! WOO!!!

Mike

Re: A Few Words About Eric \"archtop\" Paige

i second that! he was totally cool, and his grading of the guitar was VERY conservative..it was much nicer than he described it, good packing, fast shipping...

Comment

Re: A Few Words About Eric \"archtop\" Paige

I'll third that....

I'm working with him on something & he's been up-front & honest about everything.

Definitely a cool dude & wouldn't hesitate to deal with him.
      Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

Comment

Working...
      X