Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WarriorX7 delivers!

Well, UPS delivered, but you know... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Got my Lil Smoky amp today, and it's truly a killer little amp [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Of course, the original Marlboro Lights ("I almost had a cigarette" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]) box was on its last legs, so I swapped it for a new Reds box [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

It doesn't sound bad at all, except for the fact that the speaker is covered in a mylar film, which rattles [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    But it is LOUD [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    Haven't tried to run a cabinet with it yet, but it'd be neat if I could find a way to mount it inside a guitar [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Re: WarriorX7 delivers!

Hey Matt,

Just break out your Dremel, cut a hole in your favorite guitar, and mount just the circuit without the speaker into your guitar!...VIOLA!....Look mom!....NO AMP! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Nah but seriously...glad you're diggin' it man! Nice to see it inside a nice new shell also! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    Wait till you hear it thru a cab...you will be shocked and amazed! Hard to believe a 9 volt battery can drive 4 12" speakers as loud as this thing does. It's not ear bleeding volume, but still....

Comment

Maybe I can send it to Pete and he can put a 6L6 and 12AX7 on it for me [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Hey, I got my stuff from Ken today as well. Smooth deal. Thanks again Ken!

Comment

No sweat Tom, enjoy! And thanks for doing the deal! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Well, UPS delivered, but you know... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]Got my Lil Smoky amp today, and it's truly a killer little amp [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]Of course, the original Marlboro Lights ("I almost had a cigarette" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]) box was on its last legs, so I swapped it for a new Reds box [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]It doesn't sound bad at all, except for the fact that the speaker is covered in a mylar film, which rattles [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]But it is LOUD [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]Haven't tried to run a cabinet with it yet, but it'd be neat if I could find a way to mount it inside a guitar [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]Newc

[/ QUOTE ]Hey, just Velcro it to a strap and get a 1-foot cord, same diff basically! Of course that wouldn't be a true Newcenstein creation though! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]I've not heard one of these amps; how do they compare to the Marshall MS-2? I have one of those and it's not bad with a high-gain pickup.
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Rich,
              The gain of these, and the Marshall MS2 (I have one of those also) are very close. I'd say that Marshall has a tad more gain than the Smoky....but very close.

Comment

Working...
              X