Dudes who owe me a Guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dudes who owe me a Guitar

Heh, I'm not OCD, just really detail-oriented. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

OCD = Obsessively Checking Details! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Pat, I've got way more stuff to play other tjan the wolfie that might be yours :}

As for this deal, I've been waitong since Aug 11 for this so we'll see

Like I said this could've been made right in september if the took my offer of fed x picking it up for me ON MY DIME, oh well we now know who to deal with here and who not to. I've bwen nothing but a Bro here sending free parts I've had to anyone here when I've had the chance and I appriate the bros that have done the same for me, but for this to drag on since august is stupid and 199% his fault
        I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

appriate
          199%

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            appriate
            199%

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I did this on my phone after a few beers so... My errors are at least funny [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Well, kudos to John for shipping the guitar at his own expense and for lighting up another side of the story.Lost Camel, whatever your view of the story is, you dropped the ball. You could have eaten crow with your dad long enough to take care of this. Frankly, I believe John in that you left, and weren't kicked out. Maybe you felt you had to leave, but you should have taken care of your business before you left. BTW, you did make it sound like you were on the street, but John says you actually moved in with your sister; big difference there.You're young and we all make mistakes, more of them when we're young. The thing is, life is easier and better wen you face up to your mistakes and try to fix them. Many people spend huge amounts of energy denying their errors.You can own up to them and make up for them by acknowledging them and trying to fix it, ad people will think a lot more of you than when you just always say it's not your fault. I didn't figure that out until I was about 30, and caused myself untold trouble until I got the picture.I'm sure you're basically a good guy, but you dropped the ball here. John got your back by shipping the guitar, so you owe him thanks, not grief. DRS is getting his guitar, but you still owe him one for the aggravation. Not saying you have to deal with that at this minute but everyone here would think more of you if you fess up to that, and do something about it sometime soon. I'm sure even a set of his favorite strings would be a meaningful gesture that you tangibly feel bad about it. You could probably do that for $5 unless he wants Elixirs!The key thing here is to get the right lesson from this.Don't just run away from the board, stand up and make it up to him.
              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/stupid.gif[/img]
                The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  I'm sure even a set of his favorite strings would be a meaningful gesture that you tangibly feel bad about it. You could probably do that for $5 unless he wants Elixirs!

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.webstrings.com are cheap [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Camel, make up with your dad. If he disciplines you it's because he's looking out for your best interest because he probably (gulp) loves you (gee, how sappy does that sound on a guitar forum). I know I don't know sh!t about your situation, and yep, there are fathers who should be jailed. But John's side of the story sounds like your dad's somewhere in the vicinity of normal. If I'm wrong then I'm wrong and I apologize. I'm just saying if he's not truly an evil person, make up with the dude. I thought I knew everything when I was 16...I didn't know d!ck.

Plus, you're probably not doing your sister any favors. You may be payin some rent, but that counts for sh!t with a chick after you've left the toilet seat up a few times, leave some skid marked underwear lying around, leave pubes in the soap... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Finally (sorry for the lecture), the best opportunity for you save some money to take care of your debts or save for the future (education, guitars, gear, whatever) is to live at home while you're entitled to it. Rent's a tall order for a 16 year old. My 2 cents.
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

• Re: Dudes who owe me a Guitar

Got the guitar, all is cleared up.

Comment

Cool, finally got your Squier strat? Were there new strings on it? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Let's see some pics! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Unable to track shipment "1Z 96A V88 03 9683 664 4".

UPS could not locate the shipment details for the tracking number you entered. Please make sure the tracking number you entered is valid and try again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Delivered on: Dec 21, 2004 9:49 A.M.

Signed by: SWANSTROM
                          Delivered to: SEATTLE, WA, US
                          Shipped or Billed on: Dec 13, 2004

Tracking Number: 1Z 96A V88 03 9683 664 4
                          Service Type: GROUND
                          Weight: 11.90 Lbs
                          ----------------------------------------------

Took 9 days??? [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img]
                          Plus another 10 days for you DRS to tell us ya got it?? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                          X