Dudes who owe me a Guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dudes who owe me a Guitar

There's no indication that Lost Camel is banned or not.
    Occupy JCF

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Sooooooooo, you can conduct business (as in, sell) on Ebay as a minor?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am sure you are not supposed to, but if a kid has a debit card and lies about their age, I doubt it provides much of a challenge getting an account started. I didn't know it was a kid until Sal told me. I assumed I was dealing with an adult the whole time. He had 30 or so positive feedbacks and no negatives.

Comment

This is sad! I've had a few flawless dealings with the camel and I used to see him sell **** all the time on here for good prices or free even. I know other people have dealt with him also with no problems. I hope he's allright, he really needs to straighten this out!
        Where's the axe Camel? [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

Comment

That's why I sent him the bass strait up, was that he'd done a bunch of good deals and it seemed like he was a cool dude, at the time of the deal I didn't know he was 16, luckily this was for cheap gear and not something worth a lot of money
          I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            There's no indication that Lost Camel is banned or not.

[/ QUOTE ]TEKKY, isn't it usually indicated if someone IS banned? Ihave seen that indication many times on the profiles of those who are banned, so it seems a lack of the "Banned"in place of "JCF Member" would mean he's not. I'd also think an admin might note on this thread if he were banned, and that's not happened either. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Yes, more often than not the Admins (I'm speaking from when I was an admin) will change the subtitle to something insultingly witty and pink (or neon green) when banning someone, but that is not automatic nor is it tied directly to banishment.

Subtitles can be changed on an individual basis. The Admins can change your subtitle to whatever they want and still leave you as an active member. If I were still an Admin, I could change your subtitle to something like "<font color=#FF66FF>Mr. Swishypants</font>" just to make my point. (be careful, one of the Admins may read that and get an idea of their own)

There may be a need or desire to keep the banning on the DL. This is done to avoid the questions or ridicule that usually arises when someone's banned. This would be an instance where the subtitle is left alone.

So since I'm not an Admin, all I can say is that I don't know if he's banned or not, but looking at his profile, neither can anyone else.
              Occupy JCF

Comment

I think he got the email like everyone else that said BANNED, I did but it was just a email saying some people got weird emails

Comment

I don't know what you mean by e-mail. I'm not aware of any e-mail being sent out when someone gets banned.
                  Occupy JCF

Comment

I got an email that said BANNED for the subjuct a week or 2 ago, but it was an email saying that a bunch of people got an email saying they were banned when they were really not

Comment

Who did you receive this from? Did you report it to an Admin?
                      Occupy JCF

Comment

Here's the email

Subject was BANNED from [email protected]

Some members of the board a receiving notices that they have been
                        banned from the JCF. This is actually not the case at all there is a glich
                        with the software. We are working to repair this problem.

Thanks

Comment

OK, looks like Jeremy is aware of it. Not sure if Lost Camel would think there was anything to it. Think about it, if you received an e-mail saying you were banned, wouldn't you question it by trying to log in anyway?? Heck, there are people who have been banned that keep having to be banned again because they keep trying to come back to the forum.
                          Occupy JCF

Comment

I didn't get the email, but I could not get on for hours. When I went to log on it said something like your account has been locked or banned, contact admins @...... I emailed and they said there was a glitch.

Comment

Actually that email was generic and sent by me as we had an IP glitch and it was affecting dozens of members. I felt it was easier to let people know they weren't being tossed off the board when they couldn't get in. People forget that there are a ton of members here and assume when they have a problem that they are the only accounts I need to worry about...

With that said Lost Camel is not and was never banned so any speculation is just that. I would prefer that instead of guessing the party concerned just email me and ask if the account is still active. It kinda sucks when members assume or think they are in the know when in fact all it takes is a courteous pm or email, every admin is very approachable.....

With regards to the classifieds and forum business we are considering relaxing ALL rules except dealrs posts on the classifieds. It's apparent to me that the whole Jr members thing isn't working as we have had 2 full members rip off people recently. With the relaxation of the rules comes the notion all you guys will be on your own as we will not be responsible or mediate deals anymore...
                              Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                                If I were still an Admin, I could change your subtitle to something like "Mr. Swishypants" just to make my point. (be careful, one of the Admins may read that and get an idea of their own)

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah we never thougt of that one .. [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                                Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Working...
                                X