Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dinkyjacksonman is truly "the man"

Tommy, I used to live in many places.
    Garden Grove,Torrance,West L.A.,Santa Monica and so on.
    I used to go to every music stores in L.A. maybe I have met you before.
    Guitar Oasis had great selection of cool to weird stuff.
    My favorite store was Guitar Guitar(I hope the name is correct) in Van nuys in late 80's around 89-90 before they burned down the place by fire.
    It was close to Tower Record.
    I found so many things there at very good prices.
    They used to have many Strathead Charvels and used gears.
    I also have been to many concerts at the Palace,the COuntry club,the forum,Santa Monica CIvics,Long Beach Arena
    2-3times a week from 88-92.

Comment

Talking of Gibson 57,John Norum used to use that in his Schecter guitars and sounded great too.
      I believe it was not 57.it was 57plus which is hotter tan 57 CLassic.
      Mark loved that pickup as well.

What's the name of the store after Guitar Oasis moved out and someone lese took over the store with many inventory.
      That is where Mark got the job after he worked with Fulltone..If I am correct.

Comment

AK Music or something.
        OWned by a guy name Eric.

Comment

Toru - I forgot to thank you for the Anderson...it is the shit. Thanks!

Comment

HI Lance, I hope the "shit" for good LOL!
            I am glad you like the Anderson.I sold it at very good price.
            As long as people are happy with them, I wouldn't mind letting my stuff go cheaper than what you see on E-bay.

Comment

Originally posted by dinkyjacksonman:
              I used to live in many places.
              Garden Grove,Torrance,West L.A.,Santa Monica and so on. I also have been to many concerts at the Palace,the COuntry club,the forum,Santa Monica CIvics,Long Beach Arena
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Now THAT brings back some old memories! Toru, did you ever go to gigs at Fender's Ballroom in downtown Long Beach? That was my regular hang in the 80s! Also been to all kinds of shows at the Country Club (Plasmatics was most memorable), SM Civic (Megadeth in like 1986!), Palladium (Kreator, Holy Terror, Dark Angel, Slayer). I saw Death around 1990 at the Variety Arts Center in downtown LA. What a kickass show that was! [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Re: Dinkyjacksonman is truly &quot;the man&quot;

Originally posted by RacerX:
                </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by dinkyjacksonman:
                I used to live in many places.
                Garden Grove,Torrance,West L.A.,Santa Monica and so on. I also have been to many concerts at the Palace,the COuntry club,the forum,Santa Monica CIvics,Long Beach Arena
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Now THAT brings back some old memories! Toru, did you ever go to gigs at Fender's Ballroom in downtown Long Beach? That was my regular hang in the 80s! Also been to all kinds of shows at the Country Club (Plasmatics was most memorable), SM Civic (Megadeth in like 1986!), Palladium (Kreator, Holy Terror, Dark Angel, Slayer). I saw Death around 1990 at the Variety Arts Center in downtown LA. What a kickass show that was! [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ron, Fender's Ball... I have never been there.
                Most of the shows were in L.A. country or Country Club and Long Beach Arena.
                I saw Anvil at a club in Santa Ana that the band later released as Live CD.
                I saw Motorhead at Santa Monica Civic Death Angel opned up for them,Testament at CC(New order and Practice What you preach tour)and Santa Monica.
                Slayer at Sports Area with Testament opener as well,Judas at Sports Arena,Ozzy at Long Beach with Anthrax & Lita Ford,Headbanger's Ball tour of Anthrax with Exodus,Party Ninja at Santa Monica Civic with WASP,WHite Lion,Many shows(almost every week or 2-3shwos a week) at palace,Monsters Of Rock at L.A.memorial,A lot of shows at Long Beach Area such as Metallica,AC/DC,Cinderella,Motley Crue,Maiden,KNAC concert with Ozzy and L.A.Guns.
                Paladium,I saw Megadeth with AIC.Also Pantera with White Zombi.

Comment

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Sort of bringing this back from the dead, but ah well.

Toru is great. It has been a little while but he really put up with me and helped me out alot, and now thanks to him I've got my dream amp. I can't say how much I appreciate it.

Thanks man!

Comment

Working...
                    X