Pete / Twisteramps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pete / Twisteramps?

I've known Pete on this board as long as it's been around, and he is a cool dude who's always willing to help anybody out who asks for his advice or opinion...which has been me several times! He's no douche bag and he does know what he is talking about.

Comment

I'm still trying to get my head around the idea of someone thinking Pete is an asshole. That just dosen't compute. There had to have been a MAJOR breakdown in communication for you to arrive at this conclusion, Keith. Some massive mis-understanding. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Keith, an amp can kill you if you don't know how to work on it safely. If Pete
        had ANY doubts in that area, he had to refer you to a tech. Certainly he'd rather hurt your feelings than see you injured or killed. I'm not saying you are or are not qualified, but if your emails to Pete made him doubtful, he'd have to err on the side of caution. You should have said something that would clarify your skill level to Pete if you really felt you could handle it. Ultimately though, the more knowledgeable
        guy has the burden of responsibility to
        not get you in over your head, and that's
        got to be a tough call, and his call.

Also, you have to know "Fuck You" are fighting words. Say it in a bar and you'd better have your fists up already.
        Online you'd better expect a reply in kind, but more so.

You seem like a good guy, and Pete is well known to be such. We all have tempers, which cause misunderstandings.
        File it under "Oops! Sorry!" and move on
        with a clear head.
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Pete is the man. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
          He has been helping me on a great guitar last couple of weeks.
          He waited for my slow payments willing to help a JCF member out. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

I am sure this is just a misunderstanding between Pete and Keith.

Comment

Wether you iron the differences out or not, you are both well liked and respected members of this board.
            It will and work out betweem them. [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

Maybe Pete had a bad day and his tone of voice wasn't that friendly in his emails? [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckracer:
                I'm still trying to get my head around the idea of someone thinking Pete is an asshole. That just dosen't compute. There had to have been a MAJOR breakdown in communication for you to arrive at this conclusion, Keith. Some massive mis-understanding. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Very well said Chuck.....I've been around here a long time -- Pete is not an asshole [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Neither is Keith [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                shawnlutz.com

Comment

I think they're both assholes but i still like 'em!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                  My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Spoken like a true Missouri-ite.... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

But, I have issues with none of the above listed individuals and plan on keeping it that way [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by LesPaulCustom:
                      But, I have issues with none of the above listed individuals and plan on keeping it that way [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You're so neutral bro!
                      [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Dave->
                      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                        X