NEGATIVE FEEDBACK!!!!!!!!GREEEEEED!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NEGATIVE FEEDBACK!!!!!!!!GREEEEEED!

See, this is exactly why I don't go ga-ga over "mint" or "great condition" guitars - and why I don't use the "traditional" grading scale - too many people with magnifying glasses and nylon gloves going over the body looking for scratches and scuffs [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Seriously, a bad wire job is nitpicking. TM, you're a nice guy and all, but it's 20 minutes with a soldering iron - no one is too busy for that. Why is a messy wiring job an issue? Why is it an issue that Joe didn't mention the wires were not perfectly manicured? More solder = better connection, right? Stray/frayed wires touching other contacts? Possible, especially for a 10+ year old guitar that's changed hands (and pickups) a few times. I've had USA Jacksons that had been wired so many times I've had to replace the entire harness from jack to trem claw to pots to switches. Jackson sisn't use the best wire in the business - they used that really thin crap mostly - so yeah, it's gonna wear out easily. I personally don't think Jackson's choice of wire for the 1990-96 USA models was capable of handling the current - much less the extra current from a 9v battery - without degrading severely.

Joe - Shame on you [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img] You know you're supposed to take Extreme Closeup pics of every inch of a guitar. Haven't you learned anything from my auctions? [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] Forget those cheesy "full-length" shots that can hide scuffs and scrapes - get the 4x mag lens out and let's count flakes of glitter [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I appreciate the input from those who chose not to become sarcastic, NEWC. 1. The SD was not sold for a profit. I have broken even at best. It sold for 875 which is, what I was out in total.
      2. Since Newc feels that I'm complaining about microscopic scratches and nitpicking, why don't I drive the guitar to a 3rd party...Mark perhaps...so he can see the headstock file marks, the spraypaint, etc.
      Isee...this Feedbaxk section is for the opinions of people's transactions, good or bad....and for others to sarcastically blast whoever they want when they have zero firsthand knowledge of this transaction. Did you see either guitar Newc? Oh, but it doesn't matter what condition the wiring is in if it's somebody like Joe, right? I should just grin and bear it and be thankful that I've had the pleasure of dealing with him, is that what you're saying.
      Aside from a few constructive posts on this topic, many of you clearly demonstrated to me why I was right to keep quiet about any issues.
      Fine, I've bought thousands of dollars of guitars from Joe, one wasn't that I thought it was and another had an unmresolved issue. I've bought guitars from other people here as well. BUt somehow, it's buyers remorse. Noone seems to see that there could possibily be some element of truth in any of my claims. Instead, you tell me that Joe is credible, I'm not, and because Joe offered to make it right, that makes everything else null and void.
      The feedback forum serves noone well if, when used for negative feedback, some members choose to make it sarcastic target practice. I truly expected with as much preaching as Newc does about right and wrong, much of which I agreed with, he wouldn't stoop to the level of taking potshots at me and making my complaint into a joke.
      You win Joe, I am done. Thanks for the great guitars you have sold me. I truly love some of them. And for the one bad deal, IMO, guess i should have understood my place better.
      I don't think you intentionally ripped me off and I never said that directly. I am pissed and I have a right to be. I get blasted for sticking by a deal I agreed to and only to keep my reputation in this forum intact. I'm done.

Comment

On the one hand you're expecting us to take your word that the guitar is fucked, not having seen it, but you blast Newc for NOT taking your word that it's fucked because he hasn't seen it.

Make a decision and stick with it.

If the guitar is working, there isn't a problem. The wiring might not be to your specs, but that isn't a problem. That is an issue of your personal taste. No matter how bad it looks, it's not as bad as my EMG wiring job that got me through a few dozen gigs in the past couple of years without any sort of problems. I wouldn't buy ANY older guitar without figuring I might have to do at least a tiny bit of solder work on it. It might have been owned by someone like ME before I bought it... *SHUDDER*

Comment

Originally posted by tmdiamond:
          Aside from a few constructive posts on this topic, many of you clearly demonstrated to me why I was right to keep quiet about any issues.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yet you DIDN'T keep quiet about any issues. If you kept quiet about it, this thread wouldn't be here now, would it? Not saying that you had to keep quiet about it, because you were a little upset and had an issue.

MM2002 had a dealing with Gwarghoul not too long ago, he expressed his displeasure with the deal here. They were pissed at each other, hashed it out and it got resolved and are on friendly terms (they may even be lovers now [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ). This is the Feedback Forum, where dealings, good or bad, can be discussed. If you want to fight and yell at each other, you can do that here but keep it off the rest of the board. No one's going to hold a grudge against you for voicing your opinion here. If you didn't want to hear criticsm from other people, then why post anything at all in an online forum?
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Hey Charvelguy, interested in a Rockman Distortion Generator at all? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

/thread hijack
            Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

by Toejam: (they may even be lovers now ).
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Joe, I think you're just jealous!

And on another subject, I'm really dissapointed that nobody corrected my spelling of Rhoads. You guys are slipping bad!

Finally, Tom had a grievance and aired it here, that's what this section is for. He stated his opinion and everyone else stated theirs so it's all good. Tom and Joe are both very upstanding individuals and I would not hesitate to do business with either of them. They will work this situation out between themselves now, I'm sure of that.
              My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Mark, I didn't use a spraycan. I used a brush. Please get your facts straight in the future. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Sinistas:
                  Hey Charvelguy, interested in a Rockman Distortion Generator at all? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

/thread hijack
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I used to own one,..I didn't care for it as much as a Rockman. Still have a Sustainer tho.

Comment

Look, this just needs to be dropped I guess. I'm trying to find a third party to verify the headstock/spraypaint issue. Everyone keeps saying the same thing," Joe offered to make it right....offered to let you keep both guitars, etc". The only thing remotely close to offering for me to keep both guitars is the line..." Fine, I'll send the black SL1 back to balance things out." This was the 1st line in one of the emails where he was offering to reverse the deal. Nowhere and at no time did he say for me to keep both guitars EXCEPT in the last week when he told me he said that and again on this post. I don't understand how I am wrong for sticking to my obligation in the deal. For me, this whole thing comes strictly down to the principal of it all. Yes, Joe did the right thing by offering to reverse the deal. But everyone assumes that he offered both guitars to me and the only thing close to that is what I listed above. Can we just drop it now. All I wanted to do was stand on my pricipals which include....disclosing any and all info that is pertinent to a sale. I was a repeat customer and had paid a LOT of money. If this guitar had been in the condition of the magenta sparkle 85 he sold me, I would have been completely satisfied. Based on his description, it should have been.
                    So I refused the reversal....how am I wrong for sticking by a deal that I agreed on? Sure, some of you would have handled this differently; some may have agreed to the trade reversal; some may have stuck by the agreed upon deal. But anybody here would have, upon opening that case, been furious about the condition of that guitar. I'm dropping this now. It has accomplished nothing. Thanks to those who tossed out some really good opinions. In hindsight, maybe handling things like some of you suggested might have led to a happy ending. I do have some pics of the headstock and I'd be glad to share them. The Ferrari Red makes it difficult to see some setails but you can certainly see the missing wood or whatever from the headstock by simply looking at the silhouette. Hopefully, I'll come up with someone to look at this guitar to verify that I was not making this up to nitpick it to death. I'll drive it to wherever it needs to go. It has been sold so it will be shipped out of the country in about 2 weeks so hopefully, the people I've contacted will be able to provide an unbiased opinion. And no, I will not put the results of that up on the board. Anyone who is interested can contact me but I've had enough public humiliation. I know....I asked for it by posting this thread. And I asked for it by refusing to reverse the deal.

Comment

Tom, my offer stands on the Rhoads. I would be more than happy to rewire it for you.

Comment

Tom, just for the record, I don't think you humiliated yourself, I think you just showed you're human and you got upset because the item in question was not what you had thought it should have been. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. It happens to all of us at one time or another and I for one, don't think any less of you. I know that doesn't make your deal any better but just wanted you to know.

Dave->
                        Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

I'm still your friend Tom.. Don't sweat it bro.. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

out of curiosity, i read this through but forgot... was this Joe's Yellow Rhoads?

Comment

Originally posted by mm2002:
                              And on another subject, I'm really dissapointed that nobody corrected my spelling of Rhoads. You guys are slipping bad!
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I couldn't get past Newc's use of the word "sisn't"

Comment

I do not blame you for voicing a complaint at all here..that is what it is for.

Comment

Working...
                                X