Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NEGATIVE FEEDBACK!!!!!!!!GREEEEEED!

Originally posted by charvel750:
    I had that Sunset Rhoads for almost a year. Never did I notice any wiring problems with it.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think he just wants to know if you know why the wiring was the way it was, if you had anything to do with it. Maybe it worked fine, but why was it a mess? Do we have pics of said condition?
    Tom said, "I opened the CC and found the compartment a wiring mess. The battery had come loose....understandable. The wiring, however, wasa a mess of exposed solder, bare wires touching, and the preamp circuit was bent to hell. I isolated every wire and cleaned things up a bit, replaced the battery, and it worked fine. Both guitars sounded and still sound great and are my favorites."

He also stated, " The guitar worked although to this day, I don't know what the deal with the wiring is. It needs to be completely redone becasue huge gobs of solder are only protected by e-tape."

Tom, maybe Joe never saw a need for it to be fixed as it always worked fine and was never an issue. Maybe he doesn't know much about wiring. I'm not taking anyone's side here, but if you were so unhappy with the deal, why not just trade back. It doesn't matter that you made a deal... if one person's not happy with a deal and the other guy is willing to make you happy again, wouldn't it be just better to get back what you had and look elsewhere for another deal?
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:

Tom, maybe Joe never saw a need for it to be fixed as it always worked fine and was never an issue. Maybe he doesn't know much about wiring. I'm not taking anyone's side here, but if you were so unhappy with the deal, why not just trade back. It doesn't matter that you made a deal... if one person's not happy with a deal and the other guy is willing to make you happy again, wouldn't it be just better to get back what you had and look elsewhere for another deal?
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's kinda what I was trying to say in my "oh so feeble" way [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Dave->
      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

LOL Great minds think alike! Maybe if you laid off the Bud, you could have articulated it a little better. [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:
          LOL Great minds think alike! Maybe if you laid off the Bud, you could have articulated it a little better. [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Good pernt Edith....... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Dave->
          Dave ->

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I just don't get it. What more could you ask for, tm?? He did everything he could to try to make you happy, not even thinking of himself. [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img]

Comment

Tom, I'm not picking sides here but my .02 is if you feel he hosed you on the wiring of the Rhoads I don't why you'd do additional deals with him. Personally if I felt someone lied about condition I wouldn't agree to more deals.

Joe has a good rep and I said it before I think he prices things on the high side but thats no biggie...I never tried to beat him up for a price break...just going by his BIN's in his auctions.

Also if you shouldn't feel like you can't express your displeasure with a deal and let it build up...regardless of who the seller is. I know I wouldn't give a ratts ass who the person was I'm still gonna say I got what I feel...names and stature mean nothing to me.

Joe's a good guy from what I can tell and from my dealings with him in the last few years. This sounds like you guys should have talked this on out instead of losing tone in emails etc..
                shawnlutz.com

Comment

It would serve for a better argument if pics had been taken of the Sunset wiring and the SD 'touchovers'.

I can understand about the 'misdescription' issues.

I had one dealing with a JCF'er over a Rockman listed as excellent condition and it was beat.
                  When I tried to resolved this, I got the buyers remorse song right away..., the refund was retracted because the guy was a pompous self righteous prick.
                  I'm very glad for this portion of the JCF to have appeared.

I'm not you, but as far as where I'm concerned,...
                  if a seller offers to reverse deal & pay return shipping..regardless of the hows and why's in differences of opinion on said products..that seems fair, money is returned, I go elsewhere.

If he went above and beyond by offering more than what you traded..then that is going the extra mile. If you are that disatisfied, you don't worry about being blackballed. It just sounds like you're bent about the misrepresentation issues and why they're not properly addressed. While that in itself is a legit concern, do not let it overshadow the attempts to make right if a wrong has been done.

Personally, when I have a bad dealing and the seller wants to make right as Joe has said...I am not thinking of future deals with this person, I get my money back and stay away. I did this with Carrguitar. He sells alot of guitars and I have been tempted to buy from Glenn again, but no way after the crap he tried to pull when I asked for a refund and He refused.

If Joe refused a complete refund I could understand this posting..but offers of a 100% return of trade invested is an amicable refund.

Even an offer of you keep the guitar and get a partial refund back would be fair, it sounds like he tried to go beyond that.

If you are saying that in the future, any possible dealing one should have with Joe should include pics of the inside of pickup routes, control cavities..etc.. I'll take that into consideration for my piece of mind.

[ December 26, 2003, 05:23 PM: Message edited by: charvelguy ]

Comment

Tom, why don't you send your Rhoads to me for a complete pro rewiring job ON THE HOUSE bro... Just cover shipping. This way you won't have to bring it up in topic anymore. I will me more than glad to do it for you and it will be flawless when it is done. Why... you might ask?? I will tell you. I have been around here long enough to know most of the members here. I am quickly approaching 2000 posts and I am a defender of all that is good here on the JCF. Joe is a good guy. The combination of your positive initial feed back of Joe and the fact that he offered to reverse the deal proves what a stand up guy he is. AND ONE MORE THING IF I MAY!! In your initial post you mentioned that you kept quiet because the fellow JCF'rs would rally to Joe's defense. Tom... read your 1st long post. Why would you think that after us reading your post we wouldn't? My offer stands on the Rhoads. Sincerely, John G

Comment

Very cool Jc [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                      www.kiddhavok.com
                      www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Comment

Very classy offer JG!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Dave->
                        Dave ->

Comment

and if you want to rewire my shorted rockman... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Rockmans have alot of surface mt components that I cannot replace but I would certainly give it a shot for you. Most of the time on Rockmans it is the PC mounted input and output jacks that need to be resoldered.

Comment

Tom, I'd take John up on the wiring deal but whatever you do don't let him near it with a paint can!!!! I heard he tried to paint flames on a Rhodes or something and the results were pretty scary. Just fair warning!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

On the serious side, I can understand why your upset but the main problem is that you haven't been around here long enough to really "know" anybody and I've never heard of Joe fucking anybody around (I was here on the old board too). Regardless of the mis-understanding if Joe is willing to make it right with you let him do that. That's all he owes you in my opinion.
                              Now can we just all be friends again? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                              My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Well thanks John! I have two, One a patent pend and the other a mid 80's X-100. Both are a shorted mess. I miss using them. I just can't justify spending 60-75.00 per unit to have them resoldered. I can try it myself first tho.

Comment

Working...
                                X