Unfortunate Bad Deal With Jim Shine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unfortunate Bad Deal With Jim Shine

It took me a long time to get to a point of writing something about this deal but I feel like I have no further options. In August of 2012 Jim Shine agreed to refinish a GMW strat body for me. I shipped it to his house Sept 2012. We agreed on a price and work to be performed.

My next communication was January of 2013 asking for an update. He responded saying things were running late for various reasons but that he'd started stripping the original finish.

My next communication was May of 2013 essentially letting him know I'd like to get it shipped back and I'd pay for any progress he'd made/time spent and shipping costs just to get the body back. He agreed to do so but unfortunately this was the last correspondence I've had.

Since that time I've sent periodic messages and documented my attempts and I've received no response. The worst part of it is I'm communicating via Facebook and I can tell that he's been active on FB but stopped responding to me altogether.

I can only assume at this point he does not intend to return my property or plan to respond to me.

The question is what do I do now? If Jim would simply respond and let me know what is going on I'll gladly remove this and understand if there is some circumstance preventing his returning the body. I realize life happens sometimes and am more than happy to be flexible.

I think after 1.5 years I've been pretty patient. Is this something that should go to a local sheriff or police? I have everything documented. Does anyone have advice or experience with this sort of thing?

I've known Jim for a long time and always had a good relationship as I know others do, as well. I just don't understand it and am shocked by it all.

This is as much of a public plea for Jim to get in touch with me as it is to warn others regarding the situation. Jim if you're reading please contact me so we can figure it out.

Thanks,

Bret
    www.sandimascharvel.com

Honestly, I would call his local police department and ask to speak with the Internet Crimes division if they have one. Is he a member here?
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Bummer. Jim hasn't posted on here in years. Hope it gets resolved.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Me too Jim is a good guy.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Wow, that is horrible. You've done everything you can do, and been more than patient. Rob is right. You must contact his local police and start something, or see if someone on here is local and could stop by and see what's going on. Where is Jim located? Either way waiting anymore shouldn't be an option. Good luck.
          "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

FWIW, he posted on "the other board" early last month but that this point I'd start the legal process because IMHO your situation is way out of hand.

Comment

Disappointing! I don't know Jim Shine at all, but I do recall seeing people post about good deals, and also bad deals with him over the years.

Comment

The deals I had with him went very well.Just parts and logo's but always shipped right away.
                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Bummer..hope it works out

Comment

I sent him a message to contact you but im guessing he didnt as he never responded to me either. He hates me just like tracy does over there
                    Haters gonna hate
                    Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

Thank you very much. I have had at least 5 others kindly message him on my behalf and I just want to resolve it, remove this post, and move along. It is one thing to not like someone but quite another to disappear with someone's property.

In any event I appreciate you trying. If I can return the favor please let me know.

Bret
                      www.sandimascharvel.com

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                        Jim is a good guy.
                        Apparently not!
                        www.vvforums.com

Comment

Nothing needed over on the other forum they tout themselves as the gods of charvel. I was a "bad guy" there so who knows.
                          Haters gonna hate
                          Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

Working...
                          X