Great deal and good times with MarkD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great deal and good times with MarkD

Just like to give a couple big thumbs up to MarkD.

I never thought he would let it go, but he actually decided to part with his holoflake soloist. I guess all my begging finally paid off

For all the shows Mark played with it, it is still damn near perfect. Was packed like a tank, and showed up fine. As most of you already know, MarkD is good people.

Speaking of that, I also got to hang out with Mark last weekend. My Father has a place pretty close to him in Florida, and a while back Mark mentioned that if I was ever in the area to stop in and say hello. We hooked up last Saturday, and I got to see Mark's studio, drool over his guitars, and play through and hear some of his many amps. Had a great time talking music and guitars with him too.

So thanks to Mark for offering the hospitality to someone that he had only talked to on the internet a few times. The talk of JCF as a family really has truth to it.

The only complaint I had was that his holoflake wasn't there, but since it was on its way to my place, I didn't mind

thanks man!! it was great hanging and talking guitars/music. it's always cool to be able to sit around and shoot the breeze about musical philosophy, guitars, and just music in general. i don't get to do that very often - not to mention you saved me a couple hours of mixing....thanks for making the drive over!!

regarding the holoflake, i am glad it went to someone who REALLY wanted it!! it's funny that you mention your "complaint" - i thought about when we were talking of hanging out. that's why i had mentioned waiting to ship it until you were on your way back home!

ward is a good guy, i can highy recommend dealing with him. he's a straight up guy, and quite easy to work with.
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Cool news!

Comment

Mark, believe me, I thought about having you wait to ship just so I could see it when I was down there. (hope it was obvious I was joking about it being a complaint!)

But it sure was nice to have it here on Monday. Made it worth not seeing it early. You had plenty of other eye candy anyway
        Last edited by Ward; 12-12-2012, 12:29 AM.

Comment

hahaha, no worries...i got the joke.

i am surprised you didn't grab/try more guitars. pam was out cold, wearing 44db ear plugs. we could have blasted more...
          GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

Comment

damn, Mark. You moved the holo? That is like an iconic guitar on the JCF. I never imagined you'd get rid of it.
            Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
              i am surprised you didn't grab/try more guitars. pam was out cold, wearing 44db ear plugs. we could have blasted more...
              The conversation was too good! Like you, I don't get to talk music & guitars often. Time definitely got away from me!

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                damn, Mark. You moved the holo? That is like an iconic guitar on the JCF. I never imagined you'd get rid of it.
                i never imagined either. i just woke up one day and realized that, aside from the paint job, the guitar just wasn't something i was interested in anymore. i made a passing mention in the thread about crappy jackson prices and ward hit me up. i knew he was wanting that guitar BAAADDDDDD, so we worked out a behind the scenes deal. both of us are happy, so it all worked out. but, i know what you mean - even 2 months ago i would have never thought i'd move it....

funny how things go sometimes!

iconic guitar......never really thought of it that way!!!
                GEAR:

and finally....

Comment

Working...
                X