Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any experience with buying from mustaine-who?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the help guys. He did check in here and did PM me with a tracking number. His excuse was that it was at a different location and work kept interfering with getting there. I actually am sympathetic with that kind of RL situation. However, have an issue with the lack of response or follow-up. The communication is the key to me.

Anyhow as a matter of full disclosure, here is the UPS tracking number: 1Z109E36P297053999

That way the curious can follow up and see that it gets here. I'll post a full report once it's arrived. I'm looking forward to it and very excited to give it to my kid.

Comment

Good to hear you got a response. Hope everything goes smoothly from here.

Comment

Awesome! I was afraid (for you) that this would turn into a horror show with nothing good to come of it.
        "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

It's a good learning experience too with regards to the paypal gift thing as I notice more and more people are requesting it as a payment method these days.
          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
            It's a good learning experience too with regards to the paypal gift thing as I notice more and more people are requesting it as a payment method these days.
            Amen! In fact, I'd like to see a sticky in the ads section. I did it here, but honestly have a bit of an ethical issue with it to begin with. I don't like paypal's fees anymore than anyone else, but it's only fair to pay them for their services. If we want to avoid those fees so badly, then we should only accept other forms of payment. For years, we did online sales with checks and money orders which have no fees for the seller and are still available. (Yeah, I'm that old! I have bought/sold over the net for nearly 20 years at this point.)

I suspect this is the real lesson I need to learn from this as I never would have been so concerned if I'd stuck with my own sense of ethics and just used paypal straight up, even absorbing the fee myself.

Comment

cool,
              if you do get your guitar and everything works out, maybe let that be known in that post on SD forums and here so that while he failed pretty hard he did in fact honor the agreement in the end.
              not that i'd do business with him anyway now, but if he somewhat redeems himself he can be acknowledged as a person of some character.

Comment

Will do. Actually, I found out that I do have a SD forum account that still works. My last time there was 2005!

Comment

Awesome to hear man... I always hate to hear people potentially getting ripped off. I know how hard extra gear money is to come by! That being said, I would only PayPal gift someone that had some def credibility, someone I know or someone I know who knows the person. And ALWAYS get full contact information and verify it (call and say "hey, Im just touching base with you and am getting ready to send the payment, is everything cool?") before sending cash. Thats rule number one!
                  Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Glad to hear that it's not all lost; you're definitely one of the good JCF guys from WAYYYYYYY back.

sully
                    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                    Sully Guitars on Facebook
                    Sully Guitars on Google+
                    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

This PayPal gift thing is getting out of hand. I'd keep that sort of thing to $50 orders or so. Hope it works out.

Comment

Originally posted by rstites View Post
                        However, have an issue with the lack of response or follow-up. The communication is the key to me.

Anyhow as a matter of full disclosure, here is the UPS tracking number: 1Z109E36P297053999

That way the curious can follow up and see that it gets here. I'll post a full report once it's arrived. I'm looking forward to it and very excited to give it to my kid.
                        Glad it's working out.

Your package is on time with a scheduled delivery date of 11/19/2010.

Tracking Results Tracking Number:1Z109E36P297053999 Status: Pickup - On Time Scheduled Delivery Date:11/19/2010 Shipped To: OVERLAND PARK, KS, US Shipped/Billed On:11/17/2010Type:PackageService:GROUNDWeight:12.00 Lbs
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I received the guitar today. It's exactly as described and mustaine-who? even had it nicely set up with fresh strings and a trem block for the troubles. (I also got a nice hard-shell case which I paid him a little extra for: a very reasonable amount to be fair.) I know nothing about import Jacksons, so I'll have to head over there and ask some questions. This one plays and sounds very nice, and now I have to hide it amongst mine for the next month. I'm more anxious, as a parent, to see my kids get the gifts I buy for them than I was as a child waiting to receive them!

Thanks for the kind words Sully. Speaking of way back, I just realized that I haven't purchased a (complete*) new guitar in over a decade! Getting active on here might lead me back to GAS. (I actually haven't changed my base rig in a decade.)

* Got into building parts mutts, which is a bit different.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy from him again, but I would get more contact info and I will steer clear of the gift option in the future. I'd still like to get a note about that stickied, though I may have to figure out the Platinum membership deal to get that access.

Comment

Working...
                          X