No announcement yet.

Need Help with VWALL - Copperhead Music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First off, Scott had a pretty sterling reputation in the past, so let's not hang him over something we're not sure about.

Originally posted by Razor View Post
    Dude, this guy is on the other side of the world. I'm sure the difference in time has a lot to do with the communication. Knowing Scott's reputation, I'm inclinded to give him the benefit of the doubt. Add that to the logistics of doing overseas business, and it's a tricky situation....
    However, being on the 'other side of the world' doesn't make any difference to emails, and even the phone thing can be worked around. It ain't that difficult to do some basic math and work out what time it might be somewhere else. There are different time zones within the US after all, and you guys seem to cope OK... Communication is key in any transaction, and that seems to be falling down in this case.

Originally posted by Razor View Post
    if it's a special order for overseas they take time period.
    It's not. It's an order for a production guitar coming from within the US, which will then be shipped overseas. Big difference. I am well aware of how Jackson produce guitars and the delays that come from the batch process. But this isn't a custom order, and it's not been ordered through an 'international' dealer.
    Again,that doesn't mean that Scott is automatically in the wrong, but regular communication is really important to make the customer feel secure.
    Last edited by neilli; 05-19-2010, 07:55 PM.
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by texasfury View Post
      I had no idea being in different time zones makes replying to even just one of multiple emails difficult.
      No, but getting hundreds of emails every day can make going through them and replying to them difficult.

I noticed that the OP says he called yesterday, but initially he was to call on Monday the 10th when Scott was supposed to be in. Is it possible that he didn't call when the guy was supposed to be there, then called at a time when he wasn't? I'm just noticing that discrepancy.

Also, if he's ordering from a US dealer who will then ship overseas, does that conflict in some way with Jackso0n's overseas dealer arrangements? And if so, could the OP calling Jackson screw up his order thereby? I don't know but it seems a reasonable question.

If you are really ready to cancel your order, then call his shop and tell whoever you get that you want to cancel, instead of asking about your order status. Seems that anybody who works there could look that up if it's legit. You also need to specify at that time that you paid a deposit and want a refund. Do not assume that the person on the phone is aware of any aspect of the order, but if you are calling to cancel AND GET A REFUND that should get you the fastest attention.

At any rate it seems you'd get a faster response if you just say you want your money back.
      Last edited by lerxstcat; 05-20-2010, 02:26 AM.
      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

edit

Comment

I sent a link to this thread to Brian McDonald so he could check it out. He has forgotten his JCF password, but he asked me to post this:

"We don’t make a lot of SL2HT’s so he’s probably just in the queue. We’ve got a big back order right now. VWall/Copperhead Music is no longer an authorized Jackson dealer. Often times we’ll fulfill the open orders, but it’s not always a given"

Comment

D'oh
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Damn, I hope history doesn't repeat itself with this turning into another Easton situation.
              http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napalm View Post
                Damn, I hope history doesn't repeat itself with this turning into another Easton situation.
                Well, with Brian McDonald saying Jackson doesn't always fulfill open orders when someone loses their dealership, why wouldn't that reflect badly on Jackson rather than Scott and VWall? He could get his dealership pulled for no more reason that a Guitar Center coming to town, remember that.

So if Scott is trying to schmooze Jackson to keep the order in line, but no longer has a dealer's right to bitch, that could be a problem.

And as for deposits... if Jackson takes the deposit from the dealer, and then decides to take its time deciding whether to fulfill the order, shouldn't our ire again be directed at Jackson? Because my guess is that the dealer has to take a deposit to MAKE a deposit - can any current dealers speak up on this? Of course I can understand if speaking up could jeopardize your business relationship, you may not be able to tell the truth.

To the OP I would call his shop, point out these things you have found out from a Jackson rep, and ask for a refund. I can see where Scott would be in an untenable position here, yet still be trying to fulfill the order. Wheras Jackson is pretty much apathetic about it because the guy is no longer a dealer, forgetting about their end customer.

And please, let us know what you find out.
                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Having been through this before what you state is conjecture on your part and doesn't match my experience. I have been in the OP's position and learned a lot. He needs to talk to Scott and get an answer as his deal is with Scott and not Jackson. It is Scott that has to make it right. Scott is Jackson's customer. They obviously want to see this resolved with a guitar in person's hands but they can't return a deposit that was paid to Scott. That is Scott's responsibility.

Scott needs to talk to this person and make it right. If he doesn't then the OP can talk to Jackson and maybe, maybe being emphasized as maybe not, be able to apply some pressure on Scott. Its a very, very outside chance. I know from this from first hand experience.

I like Scott, he was always a good guy but he needs to come clean with the OP on this. Kevin Easton was a good guy as well but I and many others have first hand experience on how that turned out.
                  http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post
                    And as for deposits... if Jackson takes the deposit from the dealer, and then decides to take its time deciding whether to fulfill the order, shouldn't our ire again be directed at Jackson?
                    To the best of my knowledge, that's not how it works. The dealer doesn't pay until the guitar arrives..

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napalm View Post
                      Having been through this before what you state is conjecture on your part and doesn't match my experience. I have been in the OP's position and learned a lot. He needs to talk to Scott and get an answer as his deal is with Scott and not Jackson. It is Scott that has to make it right. Scott is Jackson's customer. They obviously want to see this resolved with a guitar in person's hands but they can't return a deposit that was paid to Scott. That is Scott's responsibility.

Scott needs to talk to this person and make it right. If he doesn't then the OP can talk to Jackson and maybe, maybe being emphasized as maybe not, be able to apply some pressure on Scott. Its a very, very outside chance. I know from this from first hand experience.

I like Scott, he was always a good guy but he needs to come clean with the OP on this. Kevin Easton was a good guy as well but I and many others have first hand experience on how that turned out.
                      I never said Jackson should repay the deposit to the OP, show me if I'm mistaken. What I ASKED was IF Scott as a dealer had to pay a deposit himself to Jackson. According to Nelli that's not the case.

However, I still think that if Jackson takes an order from a dealer, then subsequently takes his dealership away, they should still honor preexisting orders and not in a "maybe" fashion as McDonald indicated. You can say that Scott is their customer, and even if that is your view they should honor their order that he placed, and not say "maybe".

I agree that it'd be great to hear Scott's side of this and that he needs to communicate with the OP. But I never said that Jackson owed the OP his deposit back, and I wanted to clarify that since you implied that I did.
                      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

# 1 - Whenever you give money to an establishment for a product get proper contact information, name, business/personal address, phone number, cell phone number, enmail address and DNA samples lol.

# 2 - Contact person in # 1 above before posting a rant about said services.

Now if VV doesnt respond the you then by all means air it on out. I personally would be worried especially that VV is no longer a Jackson dealer, and has your money. This is sounding a lot like the Kevin Easton thing several years ago and that wasnt pretty.

All the advice given des not matter...no one else is out the money you put down...regardless of Scotts rep and those defending him, this is public and Scott has every opportunity to come here to set the record straight. I hope its just a miscommunication but something doesnt see right...
                        shawnlutz.com

Comment

Thanks for all your replies, I have send an email to scott for a refund, wait and see !

Comment

Originally posted by madballnyhc View Post
                            Thanks for all your replies, I have send an email to scott for a refund, wait and see !
                            Best of luck and I do hope that it all works out. Hopefully this doesn't pan out like the Kevin Easton situation did for Jack and others.

Comment

The answer is YES to both of these, US dealers are not permitted to sell outside of the US.

Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post
                              Also, if he's ordering from a US dealer who will then ship overseas, does that conflict in some way with Jackson's overseas dealer arrangements? And if so, could the OP calling Jackson screw up his order thereby?
                              Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Well that says a lot right there, if he wasn't even allowed to do international sales.

To the OP, did you pay by credit card? If so perhaps you can get a chargeback based on how long it's been and the fact that he won't call you back. You may need to investigate what can you do without his help. Just to know your options.

I'd like to give Scott the benefit of the doubt, but at the same time you should be able to get information on a timely basis and it's not happening. I did notice on his webpage it says that their email servers are fucked up and a lot of emails are going to the wrong place. So maybe you should persist on the telephone. If you call and Scott isn't there, get the name of the person who DOES answer and try to fi9nd out what you can. Tell them why you're calling, you want to cancel your order and get a refund of your deposit. Say that, completely. If you JUSt say you're canceling, the guy on the phone may not know you have a deposit. Tell him how much it is and that you want it back.

The more evasive the guy on the phone is, the more likely that something has gone wrong with the business. Flunkies still usually know the status of special orders unless it's a big secret. Which it may be, since Scott wasn't legally allowed to sell you a guitar in France as a Jackson dealer anyway.

That doesn't mean he wasn't trying to help you out in good faith, but figure that if he did this multiple times, those who figure it out first are more apt to get their refunds than those who do later on.

So I know phone rates from France are not cheap, but you need to sit down and think of the questions you want to ask and try to find out as much as you can, on the phone. Because with emails he can ignore you forever.

Good luck with it, my friend. This is why I stick to items that are in stock!
                                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X