No announcement yet.

Avoid Ebayer ESP4ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats cool. I did not realize that paypal would freeze your account as soon as a claim was filed. I thought they sent you an email 1st giving you 13 days to respond with proof of your innocence, then you would wait for the other persons response or for paypal to make a decision. Thats how its worked any time I was involved with a paypal dispute. I had them freeze my account once after someone claimed non receipt on me after I accidentally entered the wrong delivery confirmation number in my reply. But they only did that after they had ruled in the other persons favor. Maybe it works differently with a chargeback from the cc company. Maybe the wife did the chargeback not knowing about the purchased guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
      I won! so they reversed the negative balance I had in the paypal account.
      Congrats, Rich!
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

freak'n ebay. after I sell these next two guitars I'm done!!!!!
        I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
          They can't freeze your bank account, but they can transfer money out to cover any refunds they've issued.
          And they will transfer it out of your bank account when a claim is filed if it's not in your Paypal account, to make sure they have the funds if you lose the claim. So in that regard, money FROM your bank account can be "frozen" by Paypal grabbing it to hold if your Paypal account doesn't have it in the balance. And if you were counting on that amount to cover checks that are outstanding, it could be a real problem,
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

They didn't take any money out of my bank account, they just left a $220 negative balance in my paypal account and posted a page when I longed on to take care of the negative balance. Not sure what they would have done if I had lost the dispute.
            I can't believe I had to deal with this shit after my credit card number was stolen last month. Grr!

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
              They can't freeze your bank account, but they can transfer money out to cover any refunds they've issued.
              Absolutely NOT! No way can they reach into your bank account. Only if you have money in the PayPal account can they take it. Or, if you recently "withdrew" funds and the status is "pending" then they can reverse the withdrawal. I know, I've been involved with bogus chargebacks before. I never lost a case, although my account has been frozen 2 times now...
              "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
              Gotta get away from here.
              Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
              Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Working...
              X