Original Floyd Rose vs. FR1000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
    Neat finish. Is it one of those photo/decal types like the Mustaine Deans or is it airbrushed? It's kind of hard to tell in the pics.
    There are only 2 of these in existence at this time. There is a USA Custom one that Corey of Trivium now has and I'm sure it's all hand airbrushed. This one is the prototype import version and I'm sure it's a photo/decal thing.

Here are a couple NAMM pics of mine:

Comment

That's a Chinese Floyd. The same one Floyd Rose put on their Discovery series guitars.
      Not the same as the Korean Floyds.

-Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
        That's a Chinese Floyd. The same one Floyd Rose put on their Discovery series guitars.
        Not the same as the Korean Floyds.
        No kidding? There's a Chinese one too? How do you tell from the pic ? I thought the Floyd Rose guitars had Speedloader trems ???
        Last edited by Greg Crowe; 09-03-2009, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Crowe View Post
          No kidding? There's a Chinese one too? How do you tell from the pic ? I thought the Floyd Rose guitars had Speedloader trems ???
          The edges around the base plate. Most notably by the knife edges.
          A real Floyd is more squared off. The Discovery I had for all of 5 minutes had a trem that looked just like that.
          The base plate was notably rounded off on the edges and the knife edges looked stamped, not machined.

-Rick

Comment

For the record, I don't know if they are actually made in China, but the Discovery series guitars were built in China and came out before the Korean Floyd was known to exist. This may have been an early version of the Korean Floyd... who knows since they are not stamped with a country of origin.

I do believe the Discovery series guitars are discontinued.
            I got one from MF when they were blowing out their inventory.
            Got the whole guitar, Floyd and all, for slightly less than the cost of a new OFR.
            That should say something about the quality of materials being used.
            -Rick

Comment

Working...
            X