Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
    Here's an idea... Go to a music store.
    To be honest, the local music store owners are douches, they have a buy something or get out mentality, And GC is too far away.
    I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksonguy666 View Post
      Well again, I don't know much at all about strap locks, so someone should send me a link to a good one (probably a schaller based on you guys). But my reason for concern was the explorers strap buttons are tiny as hell! Which is weird. Tiny tuners and tiny strap buttons.
      Don't be lazy... Google (insert manufacturer) straplocks

Comment

I'm not sure, but I think Guitar Center might have a web site.

Comment

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Hardware...ok_System.html

Sweet Christmas - the internet is supposed to make things easier - not make me look up stuff for other people!
          -------------------------
          Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
            Schaller straplocks here. Love em to death.
            +1
            Your friendly neighborhood import whore :: '08 DK2M, '08 DKMG, '03 KVX10, '94 Dinky Rev.

Comment

I use Dunlop and Schaller, I can't I like one over the other. They both get the job done.
              Last edited by themisfit138; 08-30-2009, 02:43 AM.

Comment

I prefer the schallers.

I suppose the Dunlop and Schallers both do the same job very well, but the Schaller SEEMS like a more stable design to me. With the schaller, you have to pull up on the little ball to be able to release the strap. With Dunlops, you have to push the button, and then the ball-bearings get loose so you can remove the strap. I'd rather pull than push to get my strap off. There is never an accidental pulling motion, but I'm scared of accidentally pushing the dunlop button.
                Plus, the dunlop works because there are ball-bearings holding the strap on the post. I am uneasy about having tiny balls in charge of making sure my guitar doesn't fall. I mean, they're ROUND balls. Something about that design makes me unconfortable. With the schaller, once you get the strap on, you can see how it works, and it's one of those "oh, that thing is not accidentally coming out of that other thing unless I pull the this thing. no way."

I hate the Dimarzio cliplocks for these reasons:
                1. I don't want those plastic pieces that hang off the guitar rattling around potentially scratching my guitar when the strap is off.
                2. The parts attached to the guitar are TOO LONG! With the strap connected, the plastic connector piece rubs the shit out of my collar-bone, and I find the strap to be very unconfortable. Like sharp pain uncomfortable.

Jay.

Comment

I guess mine are either Schaller or Grover. They were on the guitar when I got it... not sure I know how to disconnect 'em now that I think about it.
                  |My CSG gallery|
                  (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

I had the large ones (Schaller?) and didn't care for them. I didn't trust the little u-shaped pocket.

I prefer the Dunlops that come with the SoCals.

Best is the Cliplock, but for a Les Paul you want the longer end pieces to keep the rear clip from chewing on the finish.

Unless it's an Epiphoney or ESPee.
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                      I had the large ones (Schaller?) and didn't care for them. I didn't trust the little u-shaped pocket.

I prefer the Dunlops that come with the SoCals.

Best is the Cliplock, but for a Les Paul you want the longer end pieces to keep the rear clip from chewing on the finish.

Unless it's an Epiphoney or ESPee.
                      How do you not trust this?

If you put them on right (open part on top) then it's a failsafe for the mechanical release.

The Dunlops aren't as positive a lock, i.e. you can get them "almost" in there and BOOM the guitar drops to the floor when you let go of it, where with the Schallers, the weight of the guitar would probably seat it the rest of the way into the U.

I'm not saying the Dunlops are a POS. Actually I'd use them if it weren't for those giant god damned screws that leave the holes too big for any other strap buttons/locks. It's a dumb choice.

Comment

I didn't like the way it looked in that cup. It was too much protrusion and what looked like cheap metal. That much weight on thin metal didn't seem right to me.

The DiMarzios have never given me trouble. It's easy enough to tell if they're locked or not.
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

True. It is kind of thin.

But it's *Schaller* metal. From GERMANY, dude!

I got a "no lock" from the ones on my Pro Mod and that was it for me, I replaced them with the trusty Schallers that have never let me down.

But hey, if there were only one kind of strap lock in the world, we'd have to resort to hitting each other with sticks because we couldn't have an argument over opinions!

Comment

ive used dunlops cause bcrichs came stock with them back in the day. they never failed me so, that what i used on other gits. they do make dunlops that can be recessed into the guitar.

Comment

Anything is better cosmetically than eye hooks and metal strap hooks although they are pretty damn secure. I get more calls for the Schaller locks here at the shop than I do Dunlop. I do have some older customers that prefer the Dunlop since its a push button and easier to release for them than the pull release of the Schaller. I have Dimarzio's on a couple of my own guitars and I don't personally mind them since they don't drag on the finish of the Strat type guitars.

Comment

I like the Dunlops because in a pinch, you can use a regular strap. With the Schallers, there's not enough material for a strap to stay on without the lock.
                                -------------------------
                                Blank yo!

Comment

Working...
                                X