Jackson Pups Vs. Duncan Designed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MartinBarre1 View Post
    People need to read and understand what's being said to them before moaning "Oh it's piss on the new guy day".
    We're not assholes to new guys, we're assholes all the fucking time to everyone!
    For w/e reason, when I viewed this thread, this didn't show up. But yeah that's very true. Some people I am sure actually wanted to physically harm blazer and he had over 1200 posts, so he was by NO MEANS a newbie. To JCF that is...
    I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

Well, sorry Gank for destoying your thread. Hopefully you learned something, I sure as hell did! I'm new at the guitar, recently got a Dinky, and I had a simple question.

Comment

JB bridge + 59 neck is a killer combo. the 59 has great heavy but clear tone and the jb has crunch. when you mix em and roll back the volume a little on the 59 its the best of every world.
        good tone isn't something you learn, its something you develop.

Comment

Originally posted by Killertofu View Post
          JB bridge + 59 neck is a killer combo. the 59 has great heavy but clear tone and the jb has crunch. when you mix em and roll back the volume a little on the 59 its the best of every world.
          I thought the Jazz was the sequel improved version of 59. Can you say what the differences are and which is better?I've heard people say the Jazz is better but now I dont even know.
          Equipment
          -Jackson Kelly Std. Professional J003908 (blood red) w/TB-5
          -Marshall MG15 CDR hosted by
          -VOX Tonelab ST (tube)

Comment

Well neither is a designed, and duncan wouldn't make the same pickup twice, so, nope, they are different. Of course they all sound the same to me, since I am an active pickup kind guy...
            I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Danzo View Post
              I thought the Jazz was the sequel improved version of 59. Can you say what the differences are and which is better?I've heard people say the Jazz is better but now I dont even know.
              The Jazz is better for cleans - less boomy, less gain. For a nice rich lead tone the 59 is better. Metal fans generally prefer the 59 I think. I do, although I like the Jazz as well.
              http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by MartinBarre1 View Post
                The Jazz is better for cleans - less boomy, less gain. For a nice rich lead tone the 59 is better. Metal fans generally prefer the 59 I think. I do, although I like the Jazz as well.
                We get way too many of these type of threads, and floyd help ones, so that explains why I answered the way I did. Some should suggest a sticky to Joe where it says, no more floyd or pickup questions, tell them so search for it in the JCF search box, because like every other day we get a "help with my floyd" thread. :idea:

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksonguy666 View Post
                  We get way too many of these type of threads, and floyd help ones, so that explains why I answered the way I did. Some should suggest a sticky to Joe where it says, no more floyd or pickup questions, tell them so search for it in the JCF search box, because like every other day we get a "help with my floyd" thread. :idea:
                  Sorry about that. But I mentioned it since Martin has some explicit understand of Seymour Duncans and has tested so many of them even with his own site of comparisons. Searching took me to not the answer I wanted to find.
                  Equipment
                  -VOX Tonelab ST (tube)

Comment

Sorry about that. But I mentioned it since Martin has some explicit understand of Seymour Duncans and has tested so many of them even with his own site of comparisons. Searching took me to not the answer I wanted to find.

You should join the Seymour Duncan forum, it's great. Not just SD talk either, the guys there know about all sorts of pickup.

http://www.seymourduncan.com/forum

Comment

I wasn't talking about you. I mean go look at, say, the first five pages of the Tech Q&A section, look at how many are either about floyds or pickups. (the pickup one isn't a big deal if it's like a wiring question about how to do something weird, but like asking what would be a good replacement, gets really old really fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksonguy666 View Post
                        I wasn't talking about you. I mean go look at, say, the first five pages of the Tech Q&A section, look at how many are either about floyds or pickups. (the pickup one isn't a big deal if it's like a wiring question about how to do something weird, but like asking what would be a good replacement, gets really old really fast.
                        The reason i dont ask the Seymour Duncan forum is because i would think i'd get a really biased answer. Of course they are going to defend their own pickups and say its all good. But maybe since Martin has gone there he can say its not like that. Some forums are the opposite and have more haters than lovers (odd) But more so I've come across places that are really biased.

I don't know if you've been to the Peavey forums, but OH MY GOD the PR person there lies through his teeth and would simply go on a storm about how "his" vypyrs are perfect, but one day cracked when tons of complaints came in about their reliability issues. He then admitted they did send out some bad batches, but then later on went on raving like a madman instead of addressing other amplifiers strengths, dissing other brands quite in a vulgar way. Very poor conduct there.

but yeah its always good to have PINNED topics for common questions.

I did go out to try every pickup I could at 4 different guitar stores, but honestly you'll come across only a handful of pickups. You'll generally find most jacksons with the Tb-4 or a duncan designed. I took a big risk buying the Tb-5 that I only heard through recommendation and YT videos, but I'm happy with it overall.

Anyways, I'll check out the SD forum too
                        Last edited by Danzo; 08-24-2009, 04:51 PM.
                        Equipment
                        -VOX Tonelab ST (tube)

Comment

Well, yeah, the SD forum is biased towards SD pups, because...well, it's an SD forum so fans of the pickups go there!
                          However, I've seen people there recommend other brands of pup very often - there's no hating DiMarzios or anything like that.

Comment

^ OH thats good bro. I have met a lot of people who use EMG's and say thats the best and only pickup worth using.
                            I like EMGs for a lot of metal but hey, I'm open minded to other equipment lol.

Hey can you put your webpage in your sig or something? I like to go there for research lol. Its easier than looking up that one thread where you showed me.
                            Equipment
                            -VOX Tonelab ST (tube)

Comment

i don't think kvx10 duncan designed pups are that bad. but i'll change them later i guess.

Comment

It's hard to hear something with someone elses ears and taste for sounds, so what is better to one could be terrible to another. I've found pickup changing can be very hit or miss and if your poor you learn to deal with a bad choice. Best thing to do is if you aren't sure of what you want use ebay to buy them cheap as possible so if the learning expierience bites you in the ass it does it with a little less grip. Everything is very subjective so asking what sounds better should be something you only ask yourself, isn't it you you're trying to please?
                                I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Working...
                                X