No announcement yet.

sd blackout problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How loud is the buzzing? Does it get any better if you touch the strings?
    Scott

Comment

i'm sure you've already done this but check your cables and such.

Comment

the buzzing is pretty loud and no it doesn't go away if i touch the strings..as for checking the cables my other guitars are fine ..about it grounding out in the cavity i thought the same thing so i plugged the guitar in and lifted the pickup out ...nope still hummimg...should i maybe just get a quick connect

you guys are awsome i ask the same question on the seymour site and no help

Comment

Originally posted by sinned View Post
          the buzzing is pretty loud and no it doesn't go away if i touch the strings..as for checking the cables my other guitars are fine ..about it grounding out in the cavity i thought the same thing so i plugged the guitar in and lifted the pickup out ...nope still hummimg...should i maybe just get a quick connect

you guys are awsome i ask the same question on the seymour site and no help
          Is the TRS wiring reversed on the jack? It sounds like the ground and the hot have been reversed. Also make sure both pots are case grounded to each other .

Comment

i am only using 1 pot..and it should'nt be reversed i followed the diagram wire for wire

Comment

so i just hooked up the blackout in my buddies lespaul with quick connect and i got the same problem...hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..so does that mean its the pickup then

Comment

Sure sounds like it. Send it back if you can.

Comment

first thing tomorrow morning i will be calling the store were i got it..doesn't seymour duncan have a 21 day return policy

Comment

turns out it was the pickup..seymour duncan is sending a new one no questions ask...thanks again guys

Comment

Working...
                    X