No announcement yet.

bolt on into set neck??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back in the 70's they made everything out of brass because they thought that mass=sustain.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
      Mark did it (mc2002?) for someone else on the board.

He mated a 24 fret DK2 neck to a RR3 body, and had to take out the neck pickup.
      No, it wasn't Mark (mm2002) that I was thinking of. I believe it was somebody else.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post

That's a basswood WRMG body with about 1.5 pounds of extra metal on it, and it sustains as well as any guitar I own - neckthrough, bolt-on, or set-neck.
        That's basswood? I always thought it was alder when I owned it.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I think ill just sand it down finally...it seems like a lot of work into a js kv that i may throw around during shows so I may need to change the neck some times
          I wonder what it feels like to have money...

...ahhh fuck it guitars are better!

Comment

the tone and sustain are going to chance, but slightly. I'd say that if you play with a bunch of overdrive, you'll not notice the difference ..

What you WOULD notice however is the waaay improved access to the upper frets ..

There's a luthier in Nashville Tn who offers this as a standard service, at a price that surprised me.
            Rather than post his details here, pm me if anyone's interested, or look for Jay at bcrichplayers.com

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
              That's basswood? I always thought it was alder when I owned it.
              It was alder. I had all the wood replaced with basswood. :ROTF:
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
              X