Seeking sustain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post
    and for the record grand pooba the model 1 a of yours had good sustain!!
    Of course it did - I rubbed it with my mojo wand.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
      Of course it did - I rubbed it with my mojo wand.
      Well I personal just rubbed my dick on it,Ya Know kinda like slide guitarSorry rich I hope you all do not think I hate model sers! Because I love them....
      I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Get an Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi fuzz/distortion pedal.

It has a sustain knob right on it built in!!!!!!!

Turn that up to 10 (11 if you can find the Nigel Tuffnel Model). You'll have so much sustain per note that you'll be able to pluck a string, go have sex, have a smoke, maybe rub of another one and then go take a shower and STILL have the note singing just like when you left.

That will solve ALL of your sustain problems.
        I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

I've found sustain is created by EQ and delay. I just happen to own expensive guitars
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
            I've found sustain is created by EQ and delay. I just happen to own expensive guitars

I perfer to let my fingers do the walking! But delay is a good thing! I use it alot for dokken and lynch stuff,and Randy R used goobs of delay and chorus on all of his clean stuff..But a+ to ya Oh wilk RESMACKER is looking for ya,I guess he took love your country men a little to seriously
            I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Rsmacker has never met me, wiseass!
              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                Rsmacker has never met me, wiseass!

Man lighten up! I did not say you were butt buddys He has just been crack'n on ya is all I have no problem with you

Comment

trem swap with an OFR, or the new Gotoh will help a little bit.
                  you could also try an overdrive pedal set to clean boost.
                  i find that adds a more natural sounding compression and sustain.
                  heavier gauge strings might help as well.
                  Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                    a generic sound of distaste. Often accompanied by the hanging out of the tongue
                    So Blech ....

I love Aussie slang : )
                    Last edited by leftybob; 06-20-2009, 06:31 AM.
                    Check-it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMKmQmkJ9gg

Comment

Originally posted by bombtek View Post
                      Get an Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi fuzz/distortion pedal.

It has a sustain knob right on it built in!!!!!!!

Turn that up to 10 (11 if you can find the Nigel Tuffnel Model). You'll have so much sustain per note that you'll be able to pluck a string, go have sex, have a smoke, maybe rub of another one and then go take a shower and STILL have the note singing just like when you left.

That will solve ALL of your sustain problems.
                      of course, your tone will be shithouse.... but you'll have sustain!!
                      Originally posted by leftybob View Post
                      So Blech ....
                      that's it! Perfick!!
                      Hail yesterday

Comment

Yeah, maybe my issue is more about my current settings on my RP150 and less about my Model 3?

Like John says, the notes just fall off...they sustain for about 3 seconds and just drop.

I am running all stock on the Model 3 (the hummie may not be stock, but it sounds identical to a stock hummer) with the JT-6. The guitar is plugged into an RP-150 that goes to a 200W Randall combo. I use Boomers in size 9, and the action is as low as I can go without messing with the truss rod, and the trem is not blocked (it was blocked when I bought it).

Thanks for the info guys. Maybe I will tweak some RP150 settings?

Comment

Originally posted by MarkThomas View Post
                          Yeah, maybe my issue is more about my current settings on my RP150 and less about my Model 3?

Like John says, the notes just fall off...they sustain for about 3 seconds and just drop.

I am running all stock on the Model 3 (the hummie may not be stock, but it sounds identical to a stock hummer) with the JT-6. The guitar is plugged into an RP-150 that goes to a 200W Randall combo. I use Boomers in size 9, and the action is as low as I can go without messing with the truss rod, and the trem is not blocked (it was blocked when I bought it).

Thanks for the info guys. Maybe I will tweak some RP150 settings?
                          Sounds like maybe your strings are being pulled by your magnets in the pups.
                          Check-it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMKmQmkJ9gg

Comment

Or your action is too low.
                            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Take the RP out of the signal path and see how it sustains just through the Randall. If it does have more sustain then the RP is the problem. If it still sags then it's the guitar. As others have said it could be the setup is too low and the strings are barely dragging on the frets and killing what sustain the guitar has.
                              Make sure all the mechanical fasteners(screws and bolts) are properly tightened on the bridge. Adjust the pickup height to make sure its not being dampened by the magnetic field. Try a different set of 9 gauge strings and see if they help as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                                Or your action is too low.

Really all we need is some good old "anal lube" Since I sold mine, I no longer have the problem see. I am good at problem solving!!! If it don't work for me, I get rid of it!!

Comment

Working...
                                X