Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's been 12 years. Time for a retrofit. Step inside.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks....

Just wanted to say thanks for all of the suggestions on what to do with this beast...

Great board we have here!

More once she's spiffed up and ready to go....

Comment

i'd change the trem springs while your at it.
      Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Nice axe, those early SL2 models are one of my favorites. If you need to get a new block, go with a Floyd Upgrades brass big block.

Comment

Instead of paying someone to widen the holes for the bushings, you can wrap a piece of sandpaper around a pencil and wiggle it in the hole. After each minute of wiggling or so, try to fit the OFR bushing in. Once you widen the hole so that 2/3 of the OFR bushing will fit in the hole, use a C-clamp vise to press it the rest of the way in.
          Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Quantum Rider!

Quantum Rider - you suggestion is tempting but knowing my mechanical aptitude I would
            probably ovalize the holes and end up with a sad soloist. If I were more adept I might....

Speaking of the guitar, I've thought of some other things that might help it along a bit:
            in the early days it had those heavy strings, I've slowly went down in gauge and recently
            found a set of strings that GHS produced for Carlos Santana that were called Big Core
            that were half gauge sizes with a large core.

So instead of running .010s it's nine and a halfs. A little less tension but not as loose
            as nines which I run on my other shred machine.

I'll try these out soon and see if they work well. Been too busy at the office to really
            look at the guitar much. SIGH.

Comment

Working...
            X