No announcement yet.

Trying to find an OFR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The locking screws will fit, no problem. As Newc said, going from Schaller to Gotoh will cause problems. I can confirm that a Gotoh will retrofit an OFR route.

The cheapest I've ever seen, were the OFRs that Ed Roman sells. You may want to look into them as well.
    Its all fun and games till you get yogurt in your eye.; -AK47
    Guitar is my first love, metal my second (wife...ehh she's in there somewhere). -Partial @ Marshall

Comment

I don't deal with leprecauns
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
        I just got mine from guitarpartsdepot.com - good service, quick turnaround.

http://www.guitarpartsdepot.com/Orig..._Tremolos.html

Got to me in a couple days, and they were super helpful when I had to return an extra trem block. Also ordered Grovers and some spare string lock blocks.

+1 - bought two floyds from them, fast turn around, helpful and kind staff. Good place to buy from.
        "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
          OFRs have long string-lock screws, so everything else should fit, unless the Gotohs are even longer. Schaller uses the short barrel-type on their own branded model, but the correct skinny ones with the squared head on the OFRs they make.

I think Scott at Copperhead Music is a Floyd dealer as well. Might wanna give him a holler.

Warmoth has generally had the lowest price online, but that was a few years back - before they had an online shopping setup.
          They are the same as the OFR

Would have if it were replacing a schaller

assumed the WR1 would have a schaller floyd, jackson guitars used them on quite a few higher end models, but the american series probably does have an OFR, i really am not sure

The Gotoh is a nice peice. It is completely forged baseplate, forged saddles, beefy studs with a set screw to lock in height once adusted, big brass sustain block, and rounded edges so be less murder on your hands. I have a chrome one, that is flawlessly finished.

Suhr Guitars uses them now, they believe in the quality.

check out guitarpartsresource, they have them for $140
          Last edited by gmbob22; 05-18-2009, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Try here http://www.stormshadowguitarworks.com/ and send Rich a message and say I sent you. He sells on Evil Bay too.
            www.myspace.com/historyofheavymetal

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
              I just got mine from guitarpartsdepot.com - good service, quick turnaround.

http://www.guitarpartsdepot.com/Orig..._Tremolos.html

Got to me in a couple days, and they were super helpful when I had to return an extra trem block. Also ordered Grovers and some spare string lock blocks.
              Good tip, guy, thanks. I ordered one from them today because they had everything else I needed to do up my SD1 and fix my DK1 at a decent price and the Floyd was the same price as Warmoth.

Comment

Originally posted by Speiro View Post
                Try here http://www.stormshadowguitarworks.com/ and send Rich a message and say I sent you. He sells on Evil Bay too.
                Yep, he's just relisted 15 brand new black OFR's. Methinks I'll buy from him. My local retailer failed to phone me today with a quote. Just need the other parts now.
                Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

GOTOH, GOTOH, GOTOH, wont regret it im tellin ya

Comment

Well this is smimlar to another thread i started, but i know theres the schaller and the floyd but this youtube vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwGcY6T4xHc says his ofr is technically a schaller. So the "OFR" is made by schaller? i want the flutter effect it talks about, so what do i need?
                    I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksonguy666 View Post
                      Well this is smimlar to another thread i started, but i know theres the schaller and the floyd but this youtube vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwGcY6T4xHc says his ofr is technically a schaller. So the "OFR" is made by schaller? i want the flutter effect it talks about, so what do i need?
                      Schaller made the OFR in their West German factory, but they also made their own licensed version. Both are great trems and you'll be able to flutter with both of them. You want more flutter? Take a spring out. Personally, I like a stiffer feel to my Floyds and used 4 or 5 springs, but I could still get the fluttering effect like Brad Gillis.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

yea i was just experimenting with myfloyd on my rr, and i took it out, and i found a piece that i dont know where it goes, it was on my nlack work cloth so it coulda been from something else, but its a rectangular prism about the size of a tic-tac, and there is like a little whole shaped indent in one side that comes to a sort of "point" is this a floyd piece?
                        I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksonguy666 View Post
                          yea i was just experimenting with myfloyd on my rr, and i took it out, and i found a piece that i dont know where it goes, it was on my nlack work cloth so it coulda been from something else, but its a rectangular prism about the size of a tic-tac, and there is like a little whole shaped indent in one side that comes to a sort of "point" is this a floyd piece?
                          Whoa - wha?

At first I thought you might be talking about the string lock block - its a small block of metal with a hole in it on one side. It clamps against the string at the bridge to hole the string in.

But then you said "prism" and a prism shape is not a block, so I have no idea what you're talking about.
                          -------------------------
                          Blank yo!

Comment

Working...
                          X