Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tremolo post fit question... Never seen this before!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If its not glued in, just screw the post deeper into the insert, and the post will go through the hole in the insert, up against the wood, and push it out by itself. Now if the insert hasn't got a hole in the middle, or is glued in, you may have a problem, Captain!
    Its all fun and games till you get yogurt in your eye.; -AK47
    Guitar is my first love, metal my second (wife...ehh she's in there somewhere). -Partial @ Marshall

Comment

Dred doing it that way can crack the body very easily.Epoxy? never wood glue works just fine.Epoxy can swell as it hardens and crack the body so not a good choice.
      I've made those mistakes so I know.Having an expert as a teacher helped me a great deal.He taught me what not to do first.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Hey, thanks. Can you be more specific? I don't know of any non-water-soluble wood glues besides epoxy (or C/A, which I would not want to use for this application).

Maybe something like this?

http://www.hobbylinc.com/htm/tit/tit2303.htm

Comment

Elmers outdoor carpenters glue is water resistant. Any good wood glue will work since your not submersing your guitar or at least I hope your not. The glue is more to swell the wood more than to glue the metal.

Comment

OK, I have some of that (it's what I use for furniture repair & stuff like that).

I love the guitar but don't plan on showering or going swimming with it.

Thanks! I'll go sparingly on it.

Comment

If your post hole is out of round it may need to filled and re-drilled.
              Just one more guitar!

Comment

Any wood glue will work.Elmers makes a non water based wood glue Wal-Mart carries it.
                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                X