No announcement yet.

GOTOH studs vs. OFR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issues with the Gotoh's larger footprint as far as routings? I'm sure my Fusion is similar to any other dinky.

Comment

I just had a similar situation with my predator body.(91ish) It was routed for a schaller and the only trem I had that didnt hit the sides was a cheap schaller knock-off. That style base was the only one that would work. The FR2 is a schaller style baseplate. no? Im thinking that the gotoh might not fit as its fairly wide. This is one reason that I dont like recessed trems.

Comment

Recess routing the same as OFR with my recess routing patterns. I saw no difference. But my patterns may be a bit larger than the Jackson recesses as I made it to dimension myself. I have to add that after a week of hammering on the Gotoh bridge, The plastic bushing in the trem bar failed....Miserably. Not only that, the set screw stripped in the bar ferrule. And to boot, the set screw underneath is stripped as well. I do not think I will be using the Gotoh again. I will try the Schaller at some point. But for now it will remain the OFR.
        Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
        http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

Ugh... that doesn;t sound good on the Gotoh...

When you say OFR, like currently produced OFRs? Isn't Schaller making these? Aren't they potmetal plates?

Sorry for my confusion. I don't mess with replacing them often and am naive.

I've just basically sorta been looking for old OFRs that are the stamped steel backing plate units and not potmetal. I just need a decent bridge.

Comment

I just ordered a Floyd trem arm assembly to install on the Gotoh on the Pineapple Express. 17 buck fix. Weeeee.
            Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
            http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

Working...
            X