Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just put in a X2N and it sounds like shit, whats the problem (pot or one coil or)???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love the X2N's...great pups.

Comment

Originally posted by DeathThrashAttack View Post
      The wiring is acurate according to Dimarzios and SD's diagrams.
      This part has me a bit confused. You say accurate according to Dimarzio and SD's diagrams but those two wire up with different color coded wires from each other. So which diagram was followed Dimarzio's or Duncan's? Unless you mean you have one Dimarzio and one Duncan pickup in the guitar.
      Rudy
      www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
        This part has me a bit confused. You say accurate according to Dimarzio and SD's diagrams but those two wire up with different color coded wires from each other. So which diagram was followed Dimarzio's or Duncan's? Unless you mean you have one Dimarzio and one Duncan pickup in the guitar.

yeah i was a bit confused too, but i just figured he meant the wiring of the pot in relation to hot in, ground, and out.

Comment

Originally posted by broken_fusion View Post
          I had an X2N years ago. Best I could get out of it was a mild 70's overdrive. I thought maybe thats what the X2N did since its probably been around since then.I was looking for a metal sound so I swapped it out for an Invader.

Same here, the new X2N I put in sounded so bad I figured I must have installed wrong.

Comment

Read this: X2N Installation directions (PDF format)

I'd also consider using a 1 meg pot with that pickup, to let it really rip.
            Last edited by Matt_B; 04-02-2009, 09:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X