No announcement yet.

Question on allen wrench holder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sticking a holder on with double sided tape risks taking a big flake of paint off with it, which I agree is worse than a screwhole or two, hence my solution of attaching the holder to the tuner screws.

Here's a pic of it, to show how simple it is - 10 minutes with a set of small files and an old pick!

Last edited by Tommie; 02-01-2009, 07:33 AM.

Comment

i love the pick idea and seeing i have 3 screw on holders coming in from ebay, I was dreading screw holes as well, I'll be going with this method. cheers...
      Guitars:
      Jackson DK2M Blue Bengal
      Jackson PS-4
      Charvel CX 390
      Gibson Les Paul Studio
      Gibson Les Paul Jr. Pro
      Gibson Les Paul Special
      '56 Gibson J160E
      Galveston Acrylic Strat
      couple of other oddities

Amps:
      Vox AC100CPH
      Ibanez TBX150H

Comment

I bought (2) Gotoh wrench holders on eBay this morning and I'm going with the double sided tape method. No finish/paint to worry about. I'm just sick of looking for those darn little hex wrenches when I need 'em.

Comment

I received the Gotoh wrench holders last week. I used Scotch double sided padded tape to attach it to the back of the headstock and it works great. It's exactly what I wanted. The adhesive is attaches the holder to headstock well enough to hold it on good but not so well that it would be difficult to remove it if needed.

Comment

Working...
          X