Painting with real blood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
    A "shit splatter" guitar, might be interesting!
    Hell, just eat some chili, wash it down with cream soda and stuff a pint of imron up your ass and get to sprayin'. That'd be about like one of them air powered sprayers you can buy at StewMac for much cheaper, but not nearly as perverted! Plus, when you hit brown, you know it's time to reload the paint can, err.... colon!
    There is no "team" in "Fuck You!"

Comment

Let me jump in and get this back on track. It's not a graphic done in blood it's words. I'll be using a quill. so really the color of it makes no difference.
      In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

The blood will turn a brownish color after a while due to oxidation of the iron. Ever look at a used bandaid? Blood doesnt keep for long after its been exposed to the air; its one reason among many that blood banks dont store the stuff in washed out spakle buckets in the garage.

If you were going to do something like this I think you'd have to fasion some sort of applicator out of a sealed vial full of blood, and then immediately clear coat over it. The brief exposure to air would give you the red color you're looking for, but Im not sure if even that short period of exposure would be too much for what you're trying accomplish, it would likely still breakdown and turn brown. The next problem is that even with a scuffed surface the blood will just be a runny mess on top of the existing clear coat. Blood would probably work better as a stain than it would as a paint.

-Steve
        Guitars:
        '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
        '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
        '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
        Amp:
        VOX AD30VT

Comment

Maybe if you were to cover the area you want to write on in a thin absorbant material and then clear coat over it immediately after writing. You'd have to do a lot of experimenting with different materials and the means of securing them to the guitar. You'd also have to experiment with the tension of the material, the thickness and absorbtion rate. It would be a fun project for sure if for no other reason than the challenge of it. Of course, you might want to find a ready source of the "stain", like lab rats...

I've put too much thought into this....

-Steve
          Guitars:
          '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
          '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
          '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
          Amp:
          VOX AD30VT

Comment

How about etching out the words, interconnecting them...like cursive writing, fill the "channels" with blood, cover it with some clear plastic film, and then clear-coat over the whole body. Then, as you turn the guitar around, the blood will flow through the tiny channels and appear more realistic. Of course like steve says, you've gotta do it quickly.
            Sam

Comment

"Dear Dr. Bill,
              I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Just use paint dude. Like already stated, there are good reasons real blood isn't used as a paint.

Comment

I apologize guys, that was kinda wrong on my part.
                  From now on dont take any of my advice.

I was just kidding about it anyway...
                  'Howling in shadows
                  Living in a lunar spell
                  He finds his heaven
                  Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

Hey, you shouldn't be eating at the computer anyway

Even if you did etch the writing beforehand, as soon as the air pressure from the clearcoat sprayer hits the blood, it'll splatter.

Seriously, use paint and let it drip in a bloody manner. It'll look a lot better from a distance and will be easier to work with.

Also, Aspirin is a blood-thinner, so while it does help blood to flow, it also prevents it from congealing into a workable medium.
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                      Even if you did etch the writing beforehand, as soon as the air pressure from the clearcoat sprayer hits the blood, it'll splatter.
                      What if he were to cover the etch with a transparent film of some kind, like the LCD screen protectors, and then clear-coat over it.
                      Sam

Comment

Watch The Red Violin
                        www.myspace.com/memnochband
                        www.myspace.com/thefairyprincesses

Comment

It would be a legendary to have a picture of the "Chocolate Dragon" next to the Cock Dragon.

GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

The fearsome, evil HANKY DRAGON!!!! :EVILNESS&SHIT:

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                            It would be a legendary to have a picture of the "Chocolate Dragon" next to the Cock Dragon.

Comment

And yes. There was a confirmed sighting here today!

Comment

Working...
                              X