No announcement yet.

Brass Bridges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Fender's hardtail bridge also uses three screws like that.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

There's no need for 5 screws, there isn't that much pressure on the bridge that it need that much holding pressure. Those plates were machined to the spec's of my Jake e Lee charvels brass bridge, so they are period correct
      Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

We always knew ~K~ had some brass ones.
        Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

Charvel sells the original hardtail brass bridge for $89.00. Michael Charvel stated they were made to the same specs by the same machine shop from the 70's. There is a 4 week lead time though.

Comment

Originally posted by ulijdavid View Post
            Charvel sells the original hardtail brass bridge for $89.00. Michael Charvel stated they were made to the same specs by the same machine shop from the 70's. There is a 4 week lead time though.
            Does that mean they are considered oem?
            Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

I don't know if they are considered OEM. I just called Michael Charvel at their number on their website. Just presented myself as "Joe Shmoe" and he gave me a price and delivery time. They have the original brass trem posted on their site also.

Comment

Is that the only to get one?
                -Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Ayrton View Post
                  Is that the only to get one?
                  ????

I recieved mine from Charvel about a week ago. I need to take it to the plater to get the base plate black chromed and the saddles chromed. I know brass is cheap, but the quality of this thing for $89.00 is really really nice. It will work very nicely on a strat with the 2-3/16 neck heel. This bridge has a 2.03125 string spread. Shouldn't have that somewhat common problem of the high E "falling off" the neck.

Comment

If I can order them direct from Fender/Charvel, what is the part number?
                    -Chris

Comment

He's talking about Wayne Charvel's son, Michael Charvel. I guess you contact him through the Wayne Guitars website.

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
                        He's talking about Wayne Charvel's son, Michael Charvel. I guess you contact him through the Wayne Guitars website.
                        Exactly!!!

Comment

Ah, cool... thanks guys.
                          -Chris

Comment

Working...
                          X