Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nhspike View Post
    I use nuts.
    The screw goes through one, two, or three, then directly into the wood.
    I'll line them up and put a dab of superglue on them to keep them nice and neat, then a dab of superglue to stick them to the depths of the pickup cavity, then screw the pickup down through them.

Dead solid, stable, and come right out when you need them too.
    Takes a bit of experimentation to get the correct height, but once you have that, it's done.

Have also superglued a set of dowels into the pickup cavity, then screwed into those.

Playing with nuts is more fun, right Bill?

hehe

I know it's been discussed before, but do you get any kind of tonal difference or change in sustain by hard mounting? I ask because I like Spike's method to completely hard-couple the pup to the body without foam. But I don't want to try it, only to find nothing's different about how it sounds.

Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Comment

If you blind-folded me, and made me tell you... I think I could pick out which pickup was mounted which way about half the time.

If you ask EVH, well... you have to smoke a bowl, drink a few, bang his new girlfriend, then post the video here.

I think I like the idea of it better than anything else.
      "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
      --floydkramer

Comment

Originally posted by nhspike View Post
        If you blind-folded me, and made me tell you... I think I could pick out which pickup was mounted which way about half the time.

If you ask EVH, well... you have to smoke a bowl, drink a few, bang his new girlfriend, then post the video here.

I think I like the idea of it better than anything else.
        Glad no one's around to hear me laughing my ass of right now!:ROTF:

Seems like there's generally a mixed opinion on the pup mounting, that's why I wondered what your experience has been.

Cheers,
        Mike

Comment

Working...
        X