chip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Newc View Post
    Wood filler stained red will never look good as new. This isn't like fixing a ding in the dining table

I'm sorry for your loss, but you really need to lighten up. Yes I know no one wants beat-up stuff, but it happens with guitars. There's no harm in trying to put the chips back in place and cover it up, but I strongly advise you to give up on the idea of it coming out like a Servpro ad - like it never even happened - unless you're going to put out the money or have the tools and skills yourself to do a complete strip and refinish.
    Ya. Ill try to do I much as I can to fix it, but at the end of the day, its just a guitar. If this was my old soloist though, the kid would be up for adoption in no time.
    -Dan

Comment

Originally posted by missionguitars1 View Post
      +1 - you already have the color under there, you only want clear over it now. Drop the additional CA into any low-lying spots, let dry, and proceed with wetsanding/polishing -trust me...
      the chip went through the clearcoat and paint to bare wood
      -Dan

Comment

Maybe leave it as is for now and when he's older use it as a guilt trip on him.
        "Dear Dr. Bill,
        I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

It's 'relic'd'. Big money. Let your kid have a 'go' at it a few more times and then you might be able to charge $2k+ on the 'bay.

Comment

Working...
          X