Jt580lp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
    I thought the 590 was schaller(my 93 said made in germany on the trem) and the first 580 were tackuchi
    I think you are right, Rich#6 ! JT-590 was "Made in Germany by Schaller" ! (Screw in) JT-580 was made by Takeuchi (TRS-101) !
    I have (had) guitars with JT-580, JT-580LP and JT-590 ... and there is absolutely no doubt: JT-590 is the best !
    Maybe Newc just mistyped ?
    uva uvam vivendo varia fit

Comment

My KV's have the JT590 and I really like them alot. My KV3, and my DK2 has the JT580 LoPro and it's ok, atleast I've never had any problems with it.
      The only Jackson trem that I dont care for is the JT6 cause it has those inserted knife edges that wear out faster, and the finetuners are located on the rear of the set screws.
      The TRS-101 has the inserted knife edges like the JT6
      'Howling in shadows
      Living in a lunar spell
      He finds his heaven
      Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

I've had a number of 90-94 imports with the Takeuchi-made trem that looked just like the Schaller-made JT-590

Remember, JT-590 is not Schaller's model number, it stands for Jackson Tremolo 590

The Killer KG Pirates I had came with a Takeuchi TRS-101, and it looked nothing like the 590. The 590 looks like an OFR with shorter string lock screws.
        Last edited by Newc; 11-26-2008, 02:33 PM.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by metalchurch79 View Post
          My KV3, and my DK2 has the JT580 LoPro and it's ok, atleast I've never had any problems with it.
          but those are not stamped "takeuchi"?

jackson/charvel stopped using the takeuchi jt580lp after the fender buyout?

Comment

I had two Dinky Reverse models. One of them was definitely stamped Takeuchi (I don't remember if it was on the bottom of the baseplate or on the block). One Dinky was from '94 and it had the JT580LP with square baseplate (it was known as the JT580LP '94 as it was only made that year with the square baseplate). Before that, the JT580 had longer locking pins and wasn't Low-Profile.
            The other Dinky Reverse I had was a '95 or '96, it had the JT580LP that looks like the one of today, but I can't remember if it was stamped Takeuchi or not. Either way, it was stopped being made by Takeuchi long before the Fender buyout. They were all decent trems no matter who made them.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

There are alot of ways to tell a Takeuchi from others.

First, the Takeuchis baseplate is wider than the other ones. The "wings" on each side of the saddles are symetrical to each other, just as wide on both sides. The newer ones and OFR's are wider on the trem arm side.

Second, the trem block. Takeuchis have a machined metal block and are usually stamped Takeuchi. Newer JT580LPs have a junk cast metal block.

Third, the saddles... on Takeuchi saddles, the saddle intonation scres are somewhat "recessed" into the saddle... ie, they sit in a groove, while on all other models, they are out in the open ontop of the saddle.

There were atleast two Takeuchi models used on J/C's... One was the JT580 which is a non-low profile version and used a screw in trem arm which was incorperated into the sustain block. The other one is the lo-pro version. Any Takeuchi trem is better than what they use today... much better materials, construction and tolerances. Unfortunatley a Takeuchi floyd wont fit into a newer JT580 rout without a bit of routing.
              Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Originally posted by phill_up View Post
                but those are not stamped "takeuchi"?

jackson/charvel stopped using the takeuchi jt580lp after the fender buyout?
                I'm not sure really. I know the 08 DK2 probably isnt. My KV3 is a '99 pre-fender, so I'd have to check on that.
                Not sure who made the 590's on my KV Standard and KV2 either.
                'Howling in shadows
                Living in a lunar spell
                He finds his heaven

Comment

Originally posted by metalchurch79 View Post
                  Not sure who made the 590's on my KV Standard and KV2 either.
                  The JT590 is only made by Schaller.

Comment

Hey Toe, My import traditional has a big takeuchi stamp and it didn't come out until 2002?

Comment

Hmm. I guess they were still using them on and off.

Comment

is the takeuchi jt580lp still in production? the only thing I have left to compare this tremolo to is the OFR on My SL2H.

I had a "supposedly" American made Fender HM strat that I bought new around 1990, that had a USA kahler spyder . The spyder was supposed to be a really crappy, tone sucking tremolo.it stayed in tune but didnt seem as resonate as a guitar should be.

Comment

Originally posted by jdr94 View Post
                          edit- another someone, does yours have a screw in bar or the new standard type?
                          My 580LP Looks exactly like the this: http://audiozone.dk/tremolo/jt580lp-02.jpg (thanks for the link whomever posted the original one here)

As far as the trem arm, it slides into place and has that loose screw nut deal that tightens onto a collar that is screwed into the base plate somehow... I'm not sure if that's what your referring to as the "screw in bar" or not.

Sorry for my lack of techie lingo, but I'm still somewhat new to the "trem" talk... Hope that helps though! = )

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                            The JT590 is only made by Schaller.
                            Joe, you are right.
                            The trems that I have on my KV2 and KV Standard are JT580's, and they are made in Japan by Takeushi.
                            My 1999 KV3 has a JT580 LoPro and it is also made in Japan by Takeushi.
                            My '08 DK2 is a JT580 LoPro, but it's not a Takeushi.

I have a bad habit of calling them JT590's for some reason. Sorry about that.
                            'Howling in shadows
                            Living in a lunar spell
                            He finds his heaven

Comment

is the takeuchi jt580lp still in production? the only thing I have left to compare this tremolo to is the OFR on My SL2H.

I had a "supposedly" American made Fender HM strat that I bought new around 1990, that had a USA kahler spyder . The spyder was supposed to be a really crappy, tone sucking tremolo.it stayed in tune but didnt seem as resonate as a guitar should be.
                              I am not sure about the spider but the killer kahler had different post spacing. You should check the stud spacing before trying to swap trems.

Comment

okay we came to the conclusion that the jt580lp made by takeuchi is of good quality and as good of quality as the shaller. The takeuchi can not be compared to the genuine floyd rose though can it?

Comment

Working...
                                X