No announcement yet.

Dimebucker VS Bill Lawrence USA 500XL - Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bill's website has split into two parts, by the looks of it. Not sure what the original site is for, at the moment, but for the pickups look here:

http://wildepickups.com/Wilde_Bill_s_Twin_Blades.html

Comment

Crap. That other guy, Jzchak Wajcman dba Bill Lawrence USA, has a little insert in the box that says his is the one that Dime & Nuno play. I dont know who to believe.
      8 strings? Because 6 is too easy?

Comment

Believe what I say man.

Bill and Becky...

I'd like to have all 3 versions and do a shootout with the same amp,guitar,and everything just to show the difference.
        I'll shut up now. LOL
        'Howling in shadows
        Living in a lunar spell
        He finds his heaven
        Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

Thanks for the info. I'll be pulling the "fake" one out soon and replacing it with something else. Darn it!

Comment

I don't think it is "fake".

There are for all practical purposes, three versions of that product on the market (B&B, BLUSA, and Dimebucker). If whichever one you have works for you and you're happy with the sound, who's to say that's wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by slash-ed View Post
              I don't think it is "fake".

There are for all practical purposes, three versions of that product on the market (B&B, BLUSA, and Dimebucker). If whichever one you have works for you and you're happy with the sound, who's to say that's wrong?
              I do agree with you for sure. As long as it sounds good and you're happy then why not?
              I was only speaking of my own personal experiences. I guess I was getting carried away with my propaganda. I just know from experience that one is way better than the others that's all.
              'Howling in shadows
              Living in a lunar spell
              He finds his heaven
              Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

It sounds OK. I'll keep it in until I have the extra cash to replace it. Pinch harmonics are a breeze, that's the upside. The downside is not enough "growl" on power chords.

Comment

How & where did you order this B & BL pickup? I've been calling Wilde Bill's for 2 days and have sent them an e-mail about ordering one. I would dorder it through paypal but I'm having some trouble. I spoke to a woman on Monday and she said she'd call me right back as she was on the other line taking an order, but she never did.

Originally posted by metalchurch79 View Post
                  I'm telling you guys, ya need to try one of the Bill and Becky Lawrence L500XL's They fuggin shred the rest of em!
                  I just bought another one for my Rhoads project cant wait to get it.
                  Last edited by Sharkfin; 04-08-2009, 07:56 AM.

Comment

My persistence has finally paid off, after calling again several times today I was able to get through to Becky and put in an order in for a L-500XL. Should be here next week. And yes, I am aware of the time difference between the East coast & the West coast.

Comment

in my experience id say BLUSA sucks and the dimebucker is on top so that leaves the B&B in the middle. of course this all depends on what you want. wanna play junk, get the BLUSA, want to play anything from classic rock to early metal then go B&B, but if you want to go extreme then the dimebucker.
                      as a side note: BLACKOUTS!!!!!!!!! i think i'm sellin all my emgs and replacing them with blackouts. why? cause they rule!!
                      Last edited by jdr94; 04-08-2009, 02:38 PM.

Comment

I thought I read somewhere that Dime installed his L-500XL in upside down in his guitar, I don't remember where though. Which pickup was he using during the Far Beyond Driven era?

Comment

Ok, the site hasn't got much info, and there's a few models (L-500C, L-500R, L-500L and the L-500XL). Metalchurch, do your magic!
                          Its all fun and games till you get yogurt in your eye.; -AK47
                          Guitar is my first love, metal my second (wife...ehh she's in there somewhere). -Partial @ Marshall

Comment

Bill & Becky make the ones that sounds the most like the vintages ones that Dime used. the BL USA's sound like crap compared to the old ones or the B&B made ones. the old originals have a grey sheath & like the B&B ones have the thicker blade.

Comment

Was asking about how the variations of the L-500 compare between eachother, but thanks anyway dude!
                              Last edited by Dred; 04-08-2009, 05:33 PM.
                              Its all fun and games till you get yogurt in your eye.; -AK47
                              Guitar is my first love, metal my second (wife...ehh she's in there somewhere). -Partial @ Marshall

Comment

The C sounds more like a vintage pickup the R IIRC is the neck version of the L, the L is a great all around hard rock metal pickup. the XL is high output, & imo sounds alot like a cross between an EMG 85 & 81.

& yes they are hard to get in touch with sometimes its a small family run business.

Comment

Working...
                                X