X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I run mine backwards as well.
    -Chris

Comment

I go backwards through the tuner, but then I cut the balls off once I'm strung up. I used to leave them flopping around when i was in my Tom Morello phase 15 years ago... yikes I feel old.
      -------------------------
      Blank yo!

Comment

I leave the ball end on so as not to give a blood sample everytime I touch the headstock on a dark stage.
        I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Thanks for the replies, guys!

Comment

I have heard that pulling the strings thru the tuner eats up the tuners. I have never noticed.
            I like to have enough wraps that if I break a string I dont have to change a string during my break. I have a lot of wraps but I keep them neat and cut the balls off.
            Just one more guitar!

Comment

Originally posted by scotty View Post
              I have heard that pulling the strings thru the tuner eats up the tuners. I have never noticed.
              I like to have enough wraps that if I break a string I dont have to change a string during my break. I have a lot of wraps but I keep them neat and cut the balls off.

I have heard that to & I have heard it can throw your tuning off, but I think it is just myth...some people like to be able to argue. I think it looks like crap to string backwards.

Comment

It's backurds

"Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                --floydkramer

Comment

Originally posted by levantin View Post
                  I leave the ball end on so as not to give a blood sample everytime I touch the headstock on a dark stage.
                  why are you touching your headstock on a dark stage??
                  Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                    why are you touching your headstock on a dark stage??
                    OH, like you never do.
                    Look, I've been touching my... uh... wait a second... nevermind.
                    --floydkramer

Comment

I recently started running them backwards myself. I find it quicker to change strings, there's less cutting involved, and the added benefit of not stabbing myself on the string ends by touching the head stock. Might look tacky, but WGAF, it's my guitar, and it works for me.

-Steve
                      Guitars:
                      '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
                      '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
                      '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
                      Amp:
                      VOX AD30VT

Comment

actually either cut the balls off, or you could just run it backward. though you have to cut a bit of the string on the other edge since for strings D A E, there's usually the plain steel left behind on that edge. in any case, cutting it would be the easiest to go =D
                        Own:
                        '93 Rhoads PRO, '92 Fusion Ex, '90 Soloist PRO:, Zoom GFX-5 + moar shitty pedals, Marshall mg15 DFX

Dreamin abt:
                        w/e catches my eyes ATM
                        More '90 Professionals

Comment

With locking tuners, that's the way to go.

1-Thread thru headstock/tuner to bridge, all 6 strings
                          2-Insert/Lock string into bridge
                          3-Pull string at the headstock/ball end, and lock tuner/string thingie twisty, you know
                          4-Tune, Trim -or- Trim, Tune
                          --floydkramer

Comment

I string my Floyds from bridge to tuners. Cutting off the ball end. Running the string taught through the tuner. Then grip the string at the nut. Slide the string back midway between 2nd and 3rd frets. And wind, cut off extra and tune. this method leave s3-4 windings per tuning peg every time. Works for every guitar. And its consistant and I like it. It's never failed me in the 10 years i've been doing it this way.
                            Gil

Comment

Originally posted by JACKSONFREAK View Post
                              I string my Floyds from bridge to tuners. Cutting off the ball end. Running the string taught through the tuner. Then grip the string at the nut. Slide the string back midway between 2nd and 3rd frets. And wind, cut off extra and tune. this method leave s3-4 windings per tuning peg every time. Works for every guitar. And its consistant and I like it. It's never failed me in the 10 years i've been doing it this way.
                              Gil

I used to string mine similarly to this, but it doesn't really seem like there's a "Wrong" way to string a floyd, I mean, what works - works, right?

I put em in backwards, take the excess string off right before the fine tuners and lock them into the bridge, then wind and tune. I get about 1.5 to 2 windings.

Here's a pic of mine.

Guitars:
                              '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
                              '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
                              '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
                              Amp:
                              VOX AD30VT

Comment

Originally posted by JACKSONFREAK View Post
                                Gil
                                That sounds like an excellent idea; I'll give that a try.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X