Guitar Painting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ihocky2 View Post
    You are in for a very rough time if you try and paint an entire guitar with an airbrush. You just don't get fine enough atomization to get a nice smooth finish, and it takes for ever because of the 1 oz. or 1/2 oz. jar. When I paint bodies it is anywhere from 1.5 to 2 oz. per coat to get a nice flow out. If you don't want to pay the expense of Mike Learn, talk to custom body shops. They can do graphics for you and spray the clear as well. You'll get the good quality 2-part poly finish which will hold up the best. But the cost will be quite a bit more. I would guess minimum of $100, that poly is expensive.
    Kind of curious what you may think you know about my pricing? Dont be fooled by the markup on the Jacksons with my work on them. My pricing is very competitive. Also, there is a big difference between Polyurethane and Polyester. So make sure you know which Poly you are getting.
    Last edited by Learn Guitars; 09-16-2008, 09:29 AM.
    Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
    http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

Originally posted by axetogrind View Post
      What's the correct method for painting a guitar?

Spray Paint? Airbrush? Other? What produces the best result?

I'm thinking about having my Model 6 customized. I want a cool paint job and some Dimarzios.
      Also, do you guys think a Camo would look ok on a Model 6?
      Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks!
      Look up Chris Cruz,
      He is in your area and is a great artist painter.
      Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
      http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

Get a quote from Mike. You will find his prices competitive for top notch work and a lot less than what jackson charges for his work.

Comment

Working...
        X