No announcement yet.

Neck pup problem in new SL2H

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm having the same issue on my new DK1, and was having this issue on my older DK1 before I sent it in for service.
    "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

Hellbat, thanks for the link. That product is perfect, and it's kind of along the same lines as what I was tryin to describe.

My KV3 had a similar problem as you guys', when I would switch from the Bridge pup to the Neck pup, it wouldn't work sometimes, but after I moved it back and forth a few times it would. Since then I gutted the electronics and put in 1vol/1hum.
      I usually only used the bridge pup anyway, which would account for the corrosion or dust to collect on the neck pup side of the switch.

I'm sure that most times the switch isn't bad, it just needs a good cleaning and some kind of preventative maintenance like that silicon based lube or something similar along those lines like a good contact cleaner.
      'Howling in shadows
      Living in a lunar spell
      He finds his heaven
      Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

Just got some "Servicol". It works, but only for so long.
        Last edited by wilkinsi; 09-18-2008, 05:03 AM.
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Sorry to bump the thread, but it appears that the switch in my Kelly is suffering from this. But the odd thing is that it's the bridge position that occassionally dies and I'm usually on the bridge position 90% of the time. I haven't opened up the back yet, so it could be a loose connection, but is it possible that the switch has gone bad?
          Scott

Comment

I wound up changing all the wiring and pots in the end. No probs since.
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Damn I hate LP style 3-way switches. Blade switches are so much better. Even when you follow all these tips, you still have issues.

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                I wound up changing all the wiring and pots in the end. No probs since.
                I didn't change anything and mine has been working fine for a year.

This week I did pull the tone pot and put in a push/pull to split the JB.

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
                  Sorry to bump the thread, but it appears that the switch in my Kelly is suffering from this. But the odd thing is that it's the bridge position that occassionally dies and I'm usually on the bridge position 90% of the time. I haven't opened up the back yet, so it could be a loose connection, but is it possible that the switch has gone bad?
                  I doubt the switch went bad, it's probably the same thing - the thin metal tabs that do the actual connecting/disconnecting are pushed too far apart.

Move the switch to the opposite position and push the offending tab with a pencil eraser back towards the other tab that it is supposed to contact.
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

A switch only costs a few £'s/ $'s - I'd just buy a new switch if cleaning with some switch cleaner spray doesn't work.

Leaving a three way switch in the middle position when not in use is a tip I've heard before and do myself now.
                    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Working...
                    X