No announcement yet.

What gauge strings for C tuning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use 9s for everything, including C# for the Sabbath stuff, but I don't do speed metal anyway
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
      I use 9s for everything, including C# for the Sabbath stuff, but I don't do speed metal anyway
      Atleast I'm not the only one!
      'Howling in shadows
      Living in a lunar spell
      He finds his heaven
      Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

I'm using some Ernie Ball Not Even Slinky strings at the moment on my Kelly and in my opinion, they work great for C standard.

I believe they are 12-56
        Charvel Model 6
        Jackson Kelly Professional Standard
        Randall RG75 G3

Comment

i use on my KV2T ghs boomers 11-70 (11-14-18-36-52-70). They suit me perfectly. You may face a small problem with the 70 string. It didn't fit in the sperzels so i drilled it and i got NO problem.
          Last edited by HarryNoctifer; 08-23-2008, 04:43 PM.
          GEAR
          Jackson KV2T
          Kramer Nightswan
          Hamer Sustainiac
          1971 Marshall super PA 50W
          Mesa 4x12 cab
          ADA MP-1
          Rocktron Intellifex
          Mesa 50/50

Comment

Originally posted by Soulreaper View Post
            I'm using some Ernie Ball Not Even Slinky strings at the moment on my Kelly and in my opinion, they work great for C standard.

I believe they are 12-56
            After re reading this thread, I picked up a set of these yesterday,(Ernie Ball Not Even Slinky 12-56) just try something thicker than what I'm used to using in C#(D'Adarrio9-42).

They are like cables compared to the 42's, and they definitely add some stiffness to the feel. I may get rid of a spring out of my Floyd, and go with only 2 springs to try and get some of the loose feel back into them.

I have a new .75 Ernie Ball bass string that I am tempted to try on it, but I don't wanna drill my tuner out just yet. I may drill an extra from the parts box to use for now. Surprisingly, I didn't have to adjust my neck or string height. Probably because I am tuned down 1-1/2 steps, so that took some tension off of the neck. Otherwise, I'm sure I would have to tweak it a little.

I also noticed a dramatic increase in sustain, and my fingers hurt somewhat after playing it. I know, call me a pussy.
            They just feel so damn thick to me right now, I'm not used to using thick guages like this anymore, I really don't see how guys use them to be honest.
            I probably won't use them up either, I have a feeling that they might be coming off before they get dead sounding.
            'Howling in shadows
            Living in a lunar spell
            He finds his heaven
            Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

Working...
            X