• Time
  • Show
Clear All

WD-40
    Lighter fluid

"Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
    --floydkramer

Comment

With some things, you can scribble over the offending area with the same type of marker, then quickly wipe it away with a cleaner, and it'll take the writing off along with the fresh stuff. I guess the premise is the new stuff puts the old ink back into solution with it,, and then is able to be wiped away. Sometimes it may leave a ghost image of the print, though, which requires additional attention. Don't ask me how I came to know this.
      I'm not Ron!

Comment

Racerx2k, you probably know it from the trick of removing permanent marker from a whiteboard by going over it with a wipeable marker.

Comment

3M swirl remover works won't leave a halo.Best to hand buff the whole guitar to blend it in.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by KMud View Post
            Racerx2k, you probably know it from the trick of removing permanent marker from a whiteboard by going over it with a wipeable marker.

Close. Something similar, but you get the idea.
            I'm not Ron!

Comment

Use the 3M fine cut rubbing compound. Ive done this on guitars that have had either signiatures or just bad desgns drawn on them. It works great. May take a bit of elbow greese but it will work.
              Gil

Comment

Thanks Gents for all the advice. Will get on it when I have a moment. Lately that seems few and far between with all the work I'm doing/getting just to survive. Damn this 'recession'.
                -pete

Comment

Working...
                X