Time to get new pickups for the LP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Matt_B View Post
    I was doing some more research last night and I've decided to go with a set of Dimarzio 36th Anniversary PAFs.
    I just placed an order for a set with glossy vintage zebra bobbins. The deal is done.

Comment

Cool - I almost got a pair of those until I found my set for cheap on closeout.

Comment

I've had no trouble with the Gibson 496R and 498T in my LP Standard, though I did swap the 498 for a 500T "just because".

What was it about the original Gibson pickups that you didn't like?
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
          I've had no trouble with the Gibson 496R and 498T in my LP Standard, though I did swap the 498 for a 500T "just because".

What was it about the original Gibson pickups that you didn't like?
          when I bought the guitar, it didn't have Gibson pups in it. It had some Duncans which I swapped out for some Dimarzios because I tried to hot-rod it.

Now that I have 4 hot-rod guitars, I want the LP to be more traditional.

Comment

Ah. In that case, I woulda put in the original 496R/498T combo.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

Aren't those the hotter ceramic pickups? I thought the burstbuckers were the more vintage Gibson pickups.

Comment

I'm not familiar with the Burstbuckers personally. I figured they were just renaming the Dirty Fingers again

Comment

They might be. I think those were similar if not the same.

Comment

Yeah, except I had a LP Classic years ago and I didn't like the stock pickups either.

Comment

Working...
                    X