Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

seegermany

+1000
    Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

I got it off without damage!!! It is definitely a wet paint issue. Here's how how I did it:

Stuck the blade around the edge of the plate while lightly tapping the topof the blade with a small tool. Did this around all four side a couple times. Slowly used the blade to pry an end up and it popped. Don't just rip it off because these is wet paint. Cut all the excess paint and it came off with no damage. FFFUUUUCCCKK am I relieved!

I really thought I was going to have to do damage to get this thing off. Way to go Charvel. I love ya but you're pissin me off!!
      "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
      I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post
        OK, my last suggestion. If you have a rubber mallet, tap all the way around the back cover plate. If that doesn't loosen it, just pretend that everything is properly setup and get drunk!
        Now I can do the drinking part.

Thanks for all the suggestions.
        "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
        I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

Fantastic! Hopefully no one else will have this problem. But if they do, you've just shown them how to fix the problem.
          "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by MikeStrat View Post
            Is this a common problem?
            I can't get the control plate off of my 2005 SL2H.

Comment

[quote=MikeStrat;1128192]...of my new Charvel.../quote]

Maybe you already did, but have you posted pics yet?!?

Comment

My second one had the same problem. Since I knew what I was dealing with, I heated the back plate with a hair dryer first and did the same process. It came off without damage.

They do one thing and can't even do that right. Are my love/hate feelings showing?

Comment

They must have really been in a rush to get these off the assembly line to not wait for the paint to fully dry.
                  Scott

Comment

Working...
                  X