Anyone have a axe that is PLEK'ed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bengal65 View Post
    My Gibson '57 (R7) VOS was Plek'd. It's dead on as I was taking the guitar apart to clean the VOS junk (spooge) off the guitar. I put it up on the bench and checked the neck over. Very good work and zero tolerence over the length of the entire neck.

I would say extreme climate changes would affect the setup, like any standard fret prep, but mine has stayed perfect over the past year.
    I've gotta say i've had the same experience with my '57 gold top...

Comment

Originally posted by slash View Post
      Since you like the HM so much have you considered getting your Vigier Pleked? What is keeping you from having that done?
      Have not considered it, I only got my Vigier about 2mnths ago. Doesn't feel like it needs it yet, but who knows. *shrug*
      http://youtube.com/user/nickwellings

Comment

I'm getting a fender CS 56 replica strat plek'ed. Will let you know how it goes.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

Luthiers that are good at fret work always say they can do just as good a job.

I doubt that but...... necks shift. Here in MN the weather and humidity change dramatically. Every season I have to adjust the truss rods on my necks. Over time the frets will shift.

So I think a Plek will last only so long.

There are many guys that don't use the machines and have insane fretwork like Moser.
          PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

This strikes me as a useless thing to do on a guitar that is brand new and just out of drying. It's bound to work a little bit, right?

Also, this is done with specific strings in mind, so if somebody had have it pleked with strings of a different gauge then you use it's probably less effective, too.

Having said that, my Burny will have it done after it's refret.

Comment

Working...
            X