EMGs in an RR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 777 View Post
    Im getting a RR5-FR Bullseye and I want to put a pair Zakks EMGs in it. Here's my question, Since it's front loaded (with the guard) where do you put the battery without routing? Will it fit in the trem cavity? I dont want to have to pull the pickguard (knobs/switch) off to change a battery. Any suggestions and/or pics would really help.............Thanks.

(or do I really have to route a battery box in the back)

I have Dave Mustaine Live Wires installed in my RR3 and the battery is in the cavity. I just wrapped the battery in electrical tape.
    2009 Les Paul Kit - GFS Dream 90 (N), SD Seth Lover (B)
    2009 Gibson Les Paul Worn Brown
    2009 Epiphone Studio Deluxe
    2008 Epiphone Custom - SD P-Rail(N), Fat Pat (B)
    2008 Ovation Celebrity CC48
    2007 Agile AL3000 - SD Alinco II set
    2005 Epiphone Standard - SD Pearly Gate (N),SD Alinco II (B)
    2004 Epiphone Custom Plus Top
    2004 Gibson SG Faded - Stock
    1997 Epiphone Slash Snakepit
    1995 Fender Strat - SD Lil 59' Bridge, SD Hotrail Middle, Stock Neck

Comment

Originally posted by 777 View Post
      Again, thanks guys for your input!! I guess 3 or 4 screws aint that bad. I thought you had to remove the switch and knobs to get the guard off. I guess thats why we ask questions on here. We have a saying at work, "Know Before Do"/ And yes, the Blackouts are looking/sounding better than the EMGs........
      I think Blackouts sound better than any EMG I tried in my KV2.

Comment

how do those 89's sound in that RR pile o skulls?
        If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Comment

They are extremely similar to the EMG-85 when in full humbucking mode. But they obviously have the advantage of switching to the EMG-SA in single coil mode. So they are extremely versatile. In my band we do a lot of clean stuff, the humbuckers just don't cut it there for me, I gotta have the single coil tones for that. And by the way, those are EMG-89R models, the "R" meaning "reverse." In a normal EMG-89, when you go to single coil mode, the coil by the logo activates, so if it's the bridge hum you get a really bright tone. I preferred to have the "R" model so the active coil was closer to the neck. And for the neck pickup, obviously with the "R" model you get a very convincing "Strat" neck tone there. Great for those honed clean sounds.
          "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
          Gotta get away from here.
          Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
          Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750 View Post
            They are extremely similar to the EMG-85 when in full humbucking mode. But they obviously have the advantage of switching to the EMG-SA in single coil mode. So they are extremely versatile. In my band we do a lot of clean stuff, the humbuckers just don't cut it there for me, I gotta have the single coil tones for that. And by the way, those are EMG-89R models, the "R" meaning "reverse." In a normal EMG-89, when you go to single coil mode, the coil by the logo activates, so if it's the bridge hum you get a really bright tone. I preferred to have the "R" model so the active coil was closer to the neck. And for the neck pickup, obviously with the "R" model you get a very convincing "Strat" neck tone there. Great for those honed clean sounds.
            thanks for the info bro, i did not know they offered a Reverse 89.
            Last edited by savage; 07-17-2008, 04:48 AM.
            If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Comment

You can also just turn the 89 upside down for the same desired effect.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by themisfit138 View Post
                I think Blackouts sound better than any EMG I tried in my KV2.
                Thanks, The Blackouts are sitting right here next to me WITHOUT my Bullseye RR5-FR. My guitar didn't come in to my dealer this time around so I'll have to wait another 3 or 4 weeks to find that out..............
                "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an ally with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............ Dirty Harry

Comment

Wire them up to a battery and a cable end and run a drill near them. It will sound AWESOME!

:ROTF:
                  GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                    Wire them up to a battery and a cable end and run a drill near them. It will sound AWESOME!

:ROTF:
                    Thanks HB!! rub it in.....................
                    "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an ally with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............ Dirty Harry

Comment

Working...
                    X