Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't keep my model1 in tune...details in: not saddles, not nut, not tuners...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always use D'addarios. I usually stretch them like hell until they don't move tuning after stretches. So that's not the issue.

I also did a very good job on that nut, it's not it either, had every tech in town confirm it
    I just need a new one as I did this one back when I liked a lower string height than now. I prefer a stiffer action and higher strings now. She's strung with 11s.
    I think I'll keep the saddles for now anyway, until I can replace them by god knows what.

Comment

Aaaand nevermind. Same exact issue is still present. It wasn't the bridge or the saddles being at too high an angle.

Back to square one, except this time I tried EVERYTHING. Next step is replacing the entire bridge.

Anyone knows what would fit a model1? Most trems out there are 56mm from centers of outer holes. This one's 53mm, so of course there's very little out there for it...
      Last edited by pott; 06-30-2008, 05:32 AM.

Comment

Truss rod adjusted for 11s? At what tuning?

Only things I can think of at this point are the windings at the ball end collapsing, or the heavy gauge is causing the neck to bow forward, or maybe it's pulling the neck out of the pocket?
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Standard, and yes, everything's setup fine, intonation, setup, shimmed the neck etc...
          It's neither, it did the exact same thing with every string gauges I used, and I use D'addarios on every guitars I have and they don't do this

Comment

Just simulated a similar problem on a strat bridge with ferraglide saddles..
            there is a slight gap between saddles, cuz they're not original.If the saddles are not perfectly parallel to the plate (side to side), they shift, a large bend actually moves the next saddles, and they stay that way until i retune..
            BTW.....any Mex Standard Strat or Squier 6 screw bridge is 2 1/16 (53mm) and will fit...just check the block length, (and try to find a full block)
            Last edited by satyr; 06-30-2008, 08:25 AM.
            sigpic

Comment

Cool thanks for that! And yes I noticed that thing, I try to keep them parrallel to each other as much as I can... but unfortunately there is always that tiny little bit of play. Could be that actually...any way to get rid of it?

Comment

make sure the bottom of the saddles are parallel to the base plate..one screw higher than the other makes them shift (always moves toward the high side). This seems to be the best fix.Older Squire baseplates actually have tracks for the 1st and 6th saddles, which helps, but the level saddles seems to be the best fix (maybe setscrews with sharp points!!lol)
                sigpic

Comment

They're totally straight. I set them up that way always.

Comment

I just cut some little cardboard strips and inserted them between each saddles. Can't move now!

Comment

Working...
                    X