No announcement yet.

jackson professional series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm, my Fusion XL has six digits and starts with a 92 serial number. It has MOP inlays on a rosewood fretboard, but a painted Logo.

Comment

Hmmm, my Fusion XL has six digits and starts with a 92 serial number. It has MOP inlays on a rosewood fretboard, but a painted Logo.
      I see some PRO confusion. The ones that everyone says are as good as the USAs are the professional PROS. The neckthrus and I think the high end fusion with the ebony boards are the really good ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Franx View Post
        ? - That's the neck-plate of my '90 Fusion PRO ...

... and there is a "9" !?!
        It's actually an '89 serial. So the guitar is likely a very early '90.

Comment

Thanx for that info ! Did they use this serial-scheme on the non-PRO Professionals, too ? I have a Fusion SX with 92**** and thought it's a 1992 Model !

Edit:
          Still confused - I checked the gallery and all the PRO Fusion's serials start with "9" ?
          Last edited by Franx; 06-06-2008, 12:23 AM.
          uva uvam vivendo varia fit

Comment

Hmm...I don't know what's up with that. Maybe the Fusions had special serialling?

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
              I see some PRO confusion. The ones that everyone says are as good as the USAs are the professional PROS. The neckthrus and I think the high end fusion with the ebony boards are the really good ones.
              that's the point I tried to make a couple of days ago. Only the PROs are the same in spec to their US counterparts. Besides them, there are a lot of different model Professionals with different specs.

This PRO quality argument almost makes it sound like any Professionals that aren't PROs are pieces of crap. As far as quality goes, I think my Fusion Plus is almost as good as my US Fusion. The big difference is in the specs. The Plus has no binding, offset dots, rosewood board, Jackson trem. But it still has a nice piece of ash under the trans yellow finish, with a matching headstock to boot! It's a damned good guitar even if it doesn't share specs with my US Fusion. The other Japanese Fusions I've played have been equally as good, just with different specs.
              Hail yesterday

Comment

You are absolutely right ! My (non PRO) Fusion SX has the "best" neck I've ever touched and if I could only brace up to blacken her, she would be my main player for sure !

Comment

I just looked at my 93 XL it starts with a 3 and my 96 DX1 starts with a 6( maybe a 95 made neck since it's real MOP).
                  This PRO quality argument almost makes it sound like any Professionals that aren't PROs are pieces of crap
                  That pisses my off too. My post was just to clarify what someone else posted. The 2 I have is the reason I will not spend the money on a DK1. To me rosewood is an option and having a qtrsawn neck only matters when youhave an oiled neck. Both have great trems and MOP.
                  I am not a PRO/USA snob
                  Last edited by Rich#6; 06-06-2008, 06:34 AM.

Comment

Maybe Sunbane's guess (special serialling on the early Fusions) is correct !

My '96 DX2 starts with "6", too.

Comment

Working...
                    X