No announcement yet.

Blackouts or Livewires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the LiveWires in my dean as well. I had the EMG 81/85 in my DR3 with the 81 in the neck and the 85 in ther bridge it was sweet. I solid that guitar and put the EMGs in my 750XL I hated it. Now I have a Distortion and a 59 in the neck and it is sounds killer. I have never had the Blackouts I am thinking of putting the EMGs in my KV2.

Comment

still cheaper than buying from rip off Britain.
      I can vouch for that

Thanks for the link, I think it's Blackouts for me then. I'll take the risk with customs. Thanks again.
      Gear--
      Jackson KVX10 Cobalt Blue Swirl
      Wesley Tartatus V Black
      Marshall MG30fx
      Digitech Delay
      Digitech Heavy Metal
      Digitech Wah Pedal

Comment

Just to add to that, MartyEvans, my Blackouts arrived yesterday and Customs added a £16.50 charge!
        Like I say, you might be lucky and avoid it.
        http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

In the long run, it's cheaper buying internationally though, right?
          Gear--
          Jackson KVX10 Cobalt Blue Swirl
          Wesley Tartatus V Black
          Marshall MG30fx
          Digitech Delay
          Digitech Heavy Metal
          Digitech Wah Pedal

Comment

Originally posted by MartyEvans View Post
            In the long run, it's cheaper buying internationally though, right?
            Yeah, for us euros, this has been the case. I've ordered stuff from guitarpartsdepot.com in the past, without any problems. And even if the customs catch you and add taxes, you'll often get away a little cheaper than if you bought it locally. Importers and retail chains in Europe take out quite a profit on the stuff they sell - and considering how I've been treated in some of the bigger music stores here in Sweden, I can't say that I feel guilty for cutting them out.

However, I think Thomann.de are hard to beat for prices these days, but it may depend on what you're after.

Comment

i have blackouts but have never used em yet

ive liked the samples for the livewires (is it classic? the less muddy one) for a while. sounds to be a good set IMO

Comment

The Livewire is not-repeat not anything close to a JB. It may have 25db boost though. If you play clean at the bridge it will sound like a lower output OD pedal. No clean what so ever. Very very mid heavy. Great for soloing and tite rythyms. It does not have much lows at all, but your amp can make up some. For a great combo,try the LW in the bridge and a lower output pup in the neck. Great contrast.
                H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mr426 View Post
                  The Livewire is not-repeat not anything close to a JB. It may have 25db boost though. If you play clean at the bridge it will sound like a lower output OD pedal. No clean what so ever. Very very mid heavy. Great for soloing and tite rythyms. It does not have much lows at all, but your amp can make up some. For a great combo,try the LW in the bridge and a lower output pup in the neck. Great contrast.
                  You're talking about the LiveWire Metal, that's got extreme output. The LiveWire Classic has less gain and will clean up. Both of those were the 18v versions.
                  There's now the Blackouts that are the 9v, revamped version. The Blackout Metal has a jumper pin where you can select two different output levels.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I have a few different guitars with EMG's 81/85 in my ZW LP and EMG 81/60 in my truckster. I'd heard so much about the Blackouts I had to try em, and they are much quieter and have substantially more tone than any other active pickup I've used.
                    Good stuff, you won't be disappointed.

Comment

Working...
                    X